Meet and Greet Time Again (Gilboa April 28-30, 2006)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Divin'Hoosier:
Well, I finally stumbled across you guys. Good to find a forum full of "local" divers. Not sure if I can make the M&G at the end of April, but I'll sure try.

So ... does everyone use a dry suit that time of year, or do you find that a full 7mm w/ hood will work for you? Don't have a dry suit yet and certainly won't by then. That's not in the budget until next year at the earliest.

Depending on your tolerance though, 1st dive will be ok, but 2nd dive won't be like the first one...:wink:

hoosier:
Depending on your tolerance though, 1st dive will be ok, but 2nd dive won't be like the first one...:wink:

Well, it's either going to be dive with a 7 mil or don't dive at all. So, I think I'll dive with a 7 mil! Seriously though, I have a pretty high tolerance for cold. I'm definitely going to go dry as soon as I can afford it. But for now, a 7 beats no spring or deep diving at all.

At least that's what I'm saying now! We'll see after a few dives. :wink:

NotsoKen dives wet. I'll have my tent with a couple of small heaters in it that do a decent job of taking the chill off if it's cool outside. We put a picnic table in there and it makes a great place to change out of a wetsuit.
Ber :lilbunny:

For those Wetsuit divers I will have the GLWC bunkhouse there with full heat to make it easier to change out of between dives.

98% of us dive dry. Notso ken and RAb are about the only two that I know of that dont dive dry. I never hear them complain. Maybe they dont complain because there shivering to much to complain. I will be bringing a couple of guys with me that will also be diving wet.

I will be there around 10:00 or so in the morning of the 28th. and will be there through sunday afternoon sometime.

Is it to early to start the who is bringing what List or should we wait a few days for that.

I just bought a drysuit, would there be anyone there willing to help me try it out? If not then it would be a camping only trip, which is cool. But I just hope I can control myself while watching everyone else go in and out! LOL

Divermark2003,

Lots of people have tried out their first drysuit and/or [insert equipment here] at the meet and greets. We generally have enough experienced divers that assistance is not a problem.

My Wife and I are heading to whitestar on Saturday April 1st, or April 8th. We will be wet. As long as she has fun then, we will be at Gilboa for the MnG. Hopefully our SCUBA Van will be in full gear so we can stay warm between Dives.

cldwdiver:
Divermark2003,

Lots of people have tried out their first drysuit and/or [insert equipment here] at the meet and greets. We generally have enough experienced divers that assistance is not a problem.

Thanks for the info. Now the anticipation is growing even at a faster rate!:11:
Will probably arrive Friday morning and leave late Saturday afternoon.

Back
Top Bottom