Meet and Greet Time Again (Gilboa April 28-30, 2006)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

gtxl1200:
Glad you said it because I was thinking it. Mikes only deal is pay his blood money or go home that is your choices. He even charges non divers. He which is really the one that gets me. Charges for a car load each person has to pay the camping fee just to park 1 car in the back of the place even if your only staying for the day. But everyone just pays and doesnt protest by not going because the place is always PACKED!!!! when warmer weather gets hear.

With the way that insurance rates have climbed, it's not easy for private parks like Mike's. He has to have coverage for everyone on his property, diver or non-diver. I'm sure if you've been there you'd certainly understand that there are plenty of ways for non-divers to get hurt. He's even had incidents with diver's dogs biting people that forced him to make a fee for people's dogs also.

hoosier:
Yes, it is getting obvious to be there. :D Another punishment to BS! :mad:

For something like the Meet & Greet, I would just rather get out of town anyway. Gilboa for many reasons will just be the better choice.

Jeff "Great lakes diver"

awall54308:
Just curious, but whats the water temp that time of year? I want to try and talk a friend into coming with me and he's nervous about the water temps!!!

Should be in the low 50's at the surface.

Is Mike sticking by his decision not to sell season passes after the first of the year?

Hi! Newbie to the group. I am interested in coming to the M & G as I will be in Ann Arbor that week and it should be a short hop, skip, & jump for me to drive there after my meeting. Do most people camp there this time of the year or do they grab a hotel back in Findlay?

riff-raff:
Hi! Newbie to the group. I am interested in coming to the M & G . Do most people camp there this time of the year or do they grab a hotel back in Findlay?

Welcome to the group.

We would like to see you there.

Most of us camp. as it is more fun to be there at night for the after dive activities.

riff-raff:
Hi! Newbie to the group. I am interested in coming to the M & G as I will be in Ann Arbor that week and it should be a short hop, skip, & jump for me to drive there after my meeting. Do most people camp there this time of the year or do they grab a hotel back in Findlay?

Welcome to the group!

Can't participate in evening activities if you don't camp!

This is the only group I know of that makes making S'mores a group participation event!

Ken

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom