Meet and Greet Time Again (Gilboa April 28-30, 2006)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

gtxl1200:
no generator to make hot coffee in the morning but hey Im not the one to use bribery on anyone.

We can have a hot coffee at BS, even a hot ramen soup and Ginseng tea.:wink:

But, you must know how to use a chopstick for a hot ramen.....:D

But now that you have settled on a place (Gilboa) and a time (weekend of the 28 April), I'll be there with my video cam and a pot full of Kielbasa---the real stuff out of Toledo; a meal you can tast all day even while you're diving.

Barracuda2:
I'll be there with my video cam and a pot full of Kielbasa---the real stuff out of Toledo; a meal you can tast all day even while you're diving.

Sounds like I can leave the argon at home then. Count me in for April 28th at Gilboa.

I will start saving for chocolate bars. We may even experiment with other secret ingrediants on Saturday night.

Barracuda2:
But now that you have settled on a place (Gilboa) and a time (weekend of the 28 April), I'll be there with my video cam and a pot full of Kielbasa---the real stuff out of Toledo; a meal you can tast all day even while you're diving.

With all my Polish relatives up there in Toledo, I know how good Kielbasa from up there can be! Bring it on!

Ken :D

gtxl1200:
Well if it is further for you in dayton then for sure it is still probably to far for us Michiganders then.

Yes, it would be QUITE a bit further for you from Michigan, probabaly at least an extra 2 1/2 hours. You'd probably take I-69 to Indianapolis, then 74 SE from there.

Ken

The calendar is marked for Gilboa on April 28th. I probably won't be there till the 29th and stay for Sunday diving. Depending upon what work is like I might be there late. Think we could get a group rate? Dive and camping both?

crpntr133:
Think we could get a group rate? Dive and camping both?

Wally,
You have obviously never meet Mike Williams! Even if we brought enough people to fill up every camp site there, he wouldn't cut us a break.

Polly

scubapolly:
Wally,
You have obviously never meet Mike Williams! Even if we brought enough people to fill up every camp site there, he wouldn't cut us a break.

Polly

Glad you said it because I was thinking it. Mikes only deal is pay his blood money or go home that is your choices. He even charges non divers. He which is really the one that gets me. Charges for a car load each person has to pay the camping fee just to park 1 car in the back of the place even if your only staying for the day. But everyone just pays and doesnt protest by not going because the place is always PACKED!!!! when warmer weather gets hear.

Never hurts to ask...so I did. They always get you on camping.

FYI, rumor has it that Blue Springs will be raising their price to $20 to dive. Won't see me there.

crpntr133:
Be careful WT she might beat you with your own long hose. :D

Polly, sorry to hear that the NY dives got scrubbed. Just give me a buzz for a weekend dive. Got my first couple dry dives in and did rather well so I am ready for more.

Hey Jen, glad to see you here. I was thinking about PMing you and letting you know about this.

Hey Wally...thanks for thinking of me...but it looks as though everyone is leaning towards the 28th. That's the weekend before the Kentucky Derby and there will be no getting out of work for me. Maybe next time! Thanks again!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom