Meet and Greet Time Again (Gilboa April 28-30, 2006)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scubapolly:
I am going to Florida/ Bahamas April 14-23. So those 2 weekends wouldn't work for me. Rest of the month is wide open as of yet.
Can't wait to see you guys again. Wally, hope you can make it, you will definatly know some people there.
Dean- Blue Springs is about a max depth of 60 feet, lots of goodies sunk in it (more than at Haigh).
While, I love Blue Springs, and it is much closer for me, I think Gilboa is a better site for the M&G due to its set up, and camping facilities with in feet of the docks as opposed up the hill.

Anybody doing any local diving between then and now? I am definatly going through withdrawl having not dove since Thanksgiving weekend (I didn't know I was physically capable of going over a month without a dive).

Polly

AHHHHH, poor thing. Tell you what Polly, you can stay and dive with GLWC and I will go to Florida/ Bahamas.

Depending upon how many camp we have been known to take the far spot down the boat ramp and camp out at BS. If we do go to BS then Rick will probably give us some sort of deal. All we have to do is call. I think last year he threw in free camping for those that dove for two days. They also added a few things last year.

Polly, should have been at BS on New Years Eve. Hoosier and I did a couple of dives at BS. The water was REALLY clear. Didn't see much as far as fish or turtles but we did actually see the bottom.
If you want to dive give me a shout. Right now I am even free during the week, somewhat. Since I don't have to rely on the LDS for rentals anymore I can pack and go. Would be nice to have a set of turtles for the new dry suit though.

ICUROK:
Why dont you try Blue Springs in Indiana....
Scott
You are always bringing a great idea and suggestion… Why not? Hey, all GLWC gangs, please get out of your place, Gilboa. What do you expect and see in mid-west diving? You only need the place where the water there is…..:wink:

Mitten Diver:
BS, Dive, BS, Eat, BS, Dive, BS, Eat, BS, Dive, BS, Eat, BS, Dive, BS or something very similar to that. Looking back at it though it seems like a lot of BSing though. Come to think of it this group is pretty full of it, BS that is..
Are you talking about Blue Springs, aren’t you? It sounds like you love BS too much.:D

diver_paula:
You'll know more than a couple! Paula

Thanks God…. There is “Paula,” maybe, “Pue,” too.:10:

If you guys come, I can make a deal from Rick……
Check out my gallery for BS info. Of course, they have an air refill station, not nitrox though....

You forgot Polly!! ...I didn't think that was possible :devil_2:

If we go to BS then there would also be several from KY that would join us. I am sure that we could get LandLocked, Kroby and a few others to join in. Look at it this way... the more we have come the bigger our personal dive buddy list will be. :D I'm in either way.

I would like to come as well...But I'd prefer the 21st if at all possible...I don't care where though...never been to any of them.

crpntr133:
AHHHHH, poor thing. Tell you what Polly, you can stay and dive with GLWC and I will go to Florida/ Bahamas.

Wally, no offense but I have a feeling my dive buddy for the trip would be a little pissed he had to spend a week in the Bahamas sharing a bunk with you instead of me. :devil2: :D

My New Years wasn't that exciting, had to cancel my dives, so I am sure you guys had more fun than I did.

I am teaching right now so I can't do mid-week dives anymore, but might be able to squeeze in a weekender at BS some time, although my weekends are filling up fast.

Polly

P.S. Hoosier- I am offended you forgot to mention me!

scubapolly:
Polly

P.S. Hoosier- I am offended you forgot to mention me!

:wink: Polly. I have considered you as FL diver, not Mid-West Muck diver....LOL~~

Sure, it is my pleasure to meet and dive with you... Instructor!!!!:D

Be careful WT she might beat you with your own long hose. :D

Polly, sorry to hear that the NY dives got scrubbed. Just give me a buzz for a weekend dive. Got my first couple dry dives in and did rather well so I am ready for more.

Hey Jen, glad to see you here. I was thinking about PMing you and letting you know about this.

So far it looks like it has to be the last two weekends in April. With one nomination for the 28th and a second to that motion.

As for a place a lot of votes for Gilboa and a few for Blue springs. If Notsoken is correct saying Blue springs is near lake shelbyville then I vote no on that I'm all for trying new places but I have been to lake shelbyille and it is a 9 hour drive from my house a little to far for quarry diving. If Im going to drive that far I will drive a few more and set up camp next to our good buddy Tractor Tom who lives in Florida and do some real diving.

I vote Gilboa. on the weekend of the 28th

gtxl1200:
If Notsoken is correct saying Blue springs is near lake shelbyville

I vote Gilboa. on the weekend of the 28th

Let's be accurate about what I said. I did not say by LAKE Shelbyville, I said by Shelbyville, Indiana. Shelbyville is a town on I-74 about 30 SE of Indianapolis. Now, there are some lakes around there, but I don't know if any of them are named Lake Shelbyville.

From the Blue Springs web site (I provided a link earlier) they have a mapquest search set up, you enter where you are, and it shows you how to get there. For me here east of Dayton, it ends up 126 miles. It's further away than Gilboa for me.

Ken

sorry ken,
I just remembered the shelbyville I didnt go back and look up your exact words. Now that I remember lake shelbyville is in Illionois. Hey I can blame it this time on Lack of nitrogen I havent dove since september. Well if it is further for you in dayton then for sure it is still probably to far for us Michiganders then. I still vote Gilboa it seems to be a somewhat midway point. but hey I'm flexible. I can always say no I cant go that is to far. but of course that means no Bunk house with Flush toilets no generator to make hot coffee in the morning but hey Im not the one to use bribery on anyone.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom