Meet and Greet Time Again (Gilboa April 28-30, 2006)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Got the dogs and buns, mustard and KEtchup, but no onions or relish. If you want either you might want to throw it in. sorry!
pc

I know it's after the organizers are there already but...
I will not be able to make it either. I've been feeling bad all week and now have a sinus infection (and swollen glands, I think). SO, I gotta drive back to Ann Arbor to see my doctor.
Will one of you who are going "late" please extend my apologies to the group?
Maybe next time!

I realize that many of the people going to Gilboa this weekend have probably already left, but I just found out that I will be able to go tomorrow. just for the day, unfortunately, but at least I'll be able to go.

I am wondering about five buddies. I am coming up alone, so hope to find someone to partner up with for at least one dive.

Also, wondering if there is anything that I can bring. Since I can only stay for the day, any type of alcohol is out, but maybe some warm drinks or snacks.

I'll get up there tomorrow AM, but have to leave in the afternoon for a family commitment

John

jwalko:
I realize that many of the people going to Gilboa this weekend have probably already left, but I just found out that I will be able to go tomorrow. just for the day, unfortunately, but at least I'll be able to go.

I am wondering about five buddies. I am coming up alone, so hope to find someone to partner up with for at least one dive.

Also, wondering if there is anything that I can bring. Since I can only stay for the day, any type of alcohol is out, but maybe some warm drinks or snacks.

I'll get up there tomorrow AM, but have to leave in the afternoon for a family commitment

John

Hi John.

Good to hear you can make it on Saturday. I should have left hours ago but life has gotten in the way. My new goal is to get there before dark so it's easier to set my tent up.

Buddies - Don't worry about that. It's one of the reasons the GLWC gets together - to help one another find buddies. You will have no problem finding someone to dive with.

What to bring - Look up a few posts and you'll find the list of what everyone is signed up to bring. Hot stuff is good although I know we have hot chocolate, tea, coffee and tons of soup covered. There is always hot cider. Perhaps a dessert? I didn't see an abundance of those.

Looking forward to meeting you.
Paula

Eeyore48104:
I know it's after the organizers are there already but...
I will not be able to make it either. I've been feeling bad all week and now have a sinus infection (and swollen glands, I think). SO, I gotta drive back to Ann Arbor to see my doctor.
Will one of you who are going "late" please extend my apologies to the group?
Maybe next time!

Bummer! But your health is definitely more important. & don't wait until then next Meet & Greet to get together. There are many of us in your general area that will diving all summer.

Feel better.
Paula

Well shoot...

Ended up not going anyway. Family plans and all...

Hopefully next year. Hope to see some of you folks this year when I do get up there to dive.

John Walko

Good seeing all of you again. Twas a fun event. I wish I could have stayed Sat eve as well but I had other event to attend...if fact, I was late. I was chatting with someone and checked the watch and did an Oh Sh.. and had a jam. Bummer, I missed the Jim Beam fire dance...maybe next time!!!!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom