Meet and Greet Time Again (Gilboa April 28-30, 2006)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jwalko:
I wish I could have made it. I even had it worked out so my kids could go over to a friends house while my wife was at work. But then reality set in (man, I hate it when that happens) and I started thinking about how much work that needed to be done around the house and all the other stuff that just has somehow been slipping though the cracks the last couple of weeks, and I just couldn't go without feeling really guilty...so I ende up staying around the house, regretting all that that I ddin't make the drive.

But, hey...the mulch I spent the whole day working on looks really great (I know...little consolation).

I hope you all had a great time. Looks like the weather was great. Oh well...we'll get up there in a couple of weeks.

BTW, if anyone of you are planning on meeting there, and wouldn't mind an extra dive buddie, could you shoot me a PM, or an email? I'd like to come up.

Thanks;

John

You know what? I have a lot of "mulch" to think about now! :-(

Hi Guys,
I had a blast at the meet and eat, I am glad you guys enjoyed the beef, I'll have to do it again next time, hopefully my back will be better,
I really enjoyed meeting and hanging out with all of you. It is really nice to find a great group to hangout with.
Robb.
P.S.
turkey----------rubberhose

Hey Guys. Had an awesome time getting to meet many of you. I was disappointed to have to leave Sat afternoon, but hey, I got to spend 5+ hours outside in the rain today watching my daughter’s two soccer games … one in Kokomo and one in Anderson. I’ve seen enough of Ohio and Indiana this weekend to do me for quite some time!

Thanks for all of food, fun, questionable (and at times way below acceptable) conversation! What a great group of friends. I can't wait until the next event.

Thanks Mark, Bret, Dean and Barracuda2 for diving with me. It was a blast!

And hey, if you use two rubberbands, does that make a threesome?

Great meeting everyone this weekend. I was disappointed to have to leave Saturday afternoon, and was wondering what was going on late Saturday night. It was too much fun. Oh by the way as I left the house today, I almost ran over a turkey in the middle of the road! Ah, fond memories! Hope to see you all again sometime.

Stay safe!
"We're not right"

Hey all, I had a great time. Can't wait to see y'all again.
I think no matter how many rubberbands, it is lonely. :D

I have to say a big THANK YOU to everyone who loaned gear to my students and to Brian who agreed to take the lead on the night dive and covered the "babysitting" duties on my Fri OW dive. I wish I could have come down to socialize more but two classes gets crazy. Hubby and I still had a great time as always and it was a pleasure to meet some new people and see old friends if only briefly.

When I stopped at the office before I left Sunday Mike happened to be putting away the rubber bands that were on some of the fill tokens and I had to contain the giggles :D
Ber :lilbunny:

KingViper:
what were the temps like??????????
I had 48 degrees from surface to about 25 feet. My OW students did a 25 minute dive then a SIT and a 26 minute dive immediately followed by 47 minutes of skin diving skills (1 hour 13 minutes in the water in a wetsuit--they requested that) and they said they weren't cold. They did another 25 minute dive after their SIT and one of them went on the fun dive (night) after finishing his certification. Over the weekend most of the AOW students had anywhere from 150-200 minutes in the water and nobody said they were too cold.
Ber :lilbunny:

Back
Top Bottom