Meet and Greet Time Again (Gilboa April 28-30, 2006)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

It was good to meet you chaps, and put some faces to names. Thanks for the warm fire, and even warmer welcome. I'm sorry to have missed out on the s'mores but Saturday had been a very long day. Perhaps I'll have another chance before I leave for Europe. I'm not so sure that I'm sorry to have missed out on the rubberband thing though...definitely curious, but perhaps not so sorry :D
If anyone is interested, I've attached the recipe for the sausage rolls that I brought. If you have trouble with it let me know.

Cheers,
Brian

speedhound:
It was good to meet you chaps, and put some faces to names. Thanks for the warm fire, and even warmer welcome. I'm sorry to have missed out on the s'mores but Saturday had been a very long day. Perhaps I'll have another chance before I leave for Europe. I'm not so sure that I'm sorry to have missed out on the rubberband thing though...definitely curious, but perhaps not so sorry :D
If anyone is interested, I've attached the recipe for the sausage rolls that I brought. If you have trouble with it let me know.

Cheers,
Brian

Thanks! Loved those sausage rolls. Outstanding ... as was all of the food!

Another absolutely fabulous Meet-n-Greet.
I had a great time getting together with old friends and meeting many new ones as well.
The tradition continues. :) Looking forward to the next one.

The camaraderie, sharing of time, food, skills, gear, and jokes just cannot be beaten.
Sure we did some diving, but mostly, this is all about spending time with some really fun folks.

So, as Ted-would say…. “I’ll be right back.”

sorry you all had to miss out on my cookies - i've been on the couch with the flu all weekend :( i'm even off work today). The timing sucks!

gtxl1200:
This is the final who is bringing what list

I will have the Great Lakes Wrecking Crew sign.
I will be there early Friday morning it will be hung up somwhere visible for everyone to see. You cant miss us The GLWC Bunk House is 30ft long so it is visable from way down the road.

Gtxl1200
1. Bunkhouse
2. Generator
3. 30 cup coffee maker
4. a few leftover cups and plates from past meet and greets
5. name tags
6. GLWC Welcome sign

Sorry that I didin't make the official Meet & Greet, I must have driven around the quarry a hundred times looking for the welcome sign. I am sure that I remember someone saying that they were going to bring the sign.
gtxl1200:
I will have the Great Lakes Wrecking Crew sign
You would think that if someone were to start the official thread and then took charge of the who was bringing what thread, they would bring what they had posted. I would think that they did this to cut down on confussion of who was responsible for what. I mean you don't want everyone bringing a welcome sign for display. I guess things happen in the haste of packing for one of these events. As it were I did run into some pretty nice people in the back of the quarry that ran the same type of event that we had scheduled. They do however plan to have a sign made to greet everyone upon arrival for the next event, very thoughtful.

The Saturday meal these people served was phenominal from soup, dips, veggies, fresh fruit, beans, potato salad, chips, brats, hotdogs, hamburgers, Kielbasa, Italian beef, meat rolls, cake, "cobbler" and other items that I may have forgotton to mention. I don't remember a time over the weekend that I went hungry. That's right these people even served a community breakfast as well.

As always the best part of the Meet & Greet was spent above the surface getting reaquainted with old friends and meeting new ones. The diving was great and for those of you who did not make it Mike had closed the dome and turned on the heater for the quarry. Water temps in the 70's down to around 80 feet.

I never expected to learn so much at any one event; hopefully with a little counseling I will be able to return to a normal life style. Does anyone know where Ted kept running off too? Polly, I was sorry to hear that you and the boyfriend had a little spat on Sunday morning hope the trip home went well.

Last but not least a little shout out to Nitrox Junkie and his "cobbler". Every time I took a bite of "cobbler" I noticed paranthesis falling at my feet. Thanks and remember to "Pace" yourself Jeff.

Polly I looked for your camera on Saturday night, but you must have packed it away in your truck. Have fun with the Myth Buster Guys, sounds like you will be able to pack very lightly for this trip. I was not aware that Chicago had a clothing free zone, interesting discovey. I guess all the more reason to attend the next Meet & Greet.

komi hunter:
But what is this about the rubberbands??? someone PM me with the goods on this story!!!

Komi,

You would have to be a teacher to be able to understand it.

Mitten Diver:
Polly, I was sorry to hear that you and the boyfriend had a little spat on Sunday morning hope the trip home went well.

Well, I agree he had something to do with my morning, I think an unnatural mixture of polish sausage, italkian beef, s'mores, cobbler, etc. But never fear, Jim and I ALWAYS make up :D

Mitten Diver:
Polly I looked for your camera on Saturday night, but you must have packed it away in your truck. Have fun with the Myth Buster Guys, sounds like you will be able to pack very lightly for this trip. I was not aware that Chicago had a clothing free zone, interesting discovey. I guess all the more reason to attend the next Meet & Greet.

All you had to do was ask and i would have provided the camera for you. :D
Well it sounds like it is illegal to wear clothes in Rob's apartment.... and it "only has one bed". Maybe I'll have to call the Myth Busters guys to bust the clothing myth :D

komi hunter:
But what is this about the rubberbands??? someone PM me with the goods on this story!!!

No one wants to be in violation of the by laws of the wrecking crew code book.

article 2 paragraph 1 rule # 2 of said mentioned code book of the by laws of the wrecking crew states

What happens at meet n greet Stays at meet n greet.

In order to know about said rubberbands you must have been in attandance of said 4-28-30-2006 Meet n Greet..:D

heheheheheeeh

I would write more but "I will be right back"

Back
Top Bottom