Meet and Greet Time Again (Gilboa April 28-30, 2006)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jwalko:
Well shoot...

Ended up not going anyway. Family plans and all...

Hopefully next year. Hope to see some of you folks this year when I do get up there to dive.

John Walko

Yep... same here... after diving for several weekends in a row, the domestic agenda got some much deserved attention. Kinda glad since the meteorologists missed the forecast again!

Hope to meet everyone another time. Were there pictures taken?

To all of those that dove this weekend...you guys/dolls really suck! :D To those of us that didn't get to dive due to whatever reason. Hang in there, we can make it.

Thought of everyone at about 10am Saturday morning as I was pushing a buggy full of concrete around. I just kept visualizing myself diving. Three more weeks and I will be diving at Joe's..aka Falling Rock. :dance:

I'm getting way to old for this Frat house type behavour. It will take me weeks again to recover.

Once again Meet and Greet was a rip roaring good time. Had Perfect weather great Diving. and Most of all Excellent comraderie. WE Ate too much and shot the you know what even more so for those of you that couldnt make or chose not to go you missed a heck of a good time. Well I need sleep so once again nice meeting all the new people that were there this year.

P.S. Watch out for rubber hoses!!!!!!!!

GLWC,

Thanks for the great weekend! Even though I've got a few years on you guys, you accepted me as one of you. And who says you can't teach an old dog new tricks?; I learned about "Jill" and "Rosie" and "The Stranger" and "the great angry dragon", how to make great Tex-Mex, (thanks John) How to configure a finger spool (thanks Brian), And all of the food was just awesome! (thanks all) But most of all, it just confirmed that the diving community has a comeraderie that can't be beat. I'm looking forward to diving with you again.

Good food, good fun, good people!

oh yeah, because of the meet and eat, I get to change my profile.....

gtxl1200:
I'm getting way to old for this Frat house type behavour. It will take me weeks again to recover.

Once again Meet and Greet was a rip roaring good time. Had Perfect weather great Diving. and Most of all Excellent comraderie. WE Ate too much and shot the you know what even more so for those of you that couldnt make or chose not to go you missed a heck of a good time. Well I need sleep so once again nice meeting all the new people that were there this year.

P.S. Watch out for rubber hoses!!!!!!!!

Hey! I thought you were the MAIN source of the frat house behavior!!! :D Had a great time!

For all of you who couldn't make it, you missed a great time! The Chicago contingent has convinced me that another Our World Underwater is in my future, so be on the lookout for good places to gather :) .

As always, Ted, MD, Paula, and the others did a great job keeping the social stuff while I was tortur..., err helping with classes and doing my own deep dives. Mike has promised us picnic tables, an extra portapotty and FASTER FIREWOOD for the next M&G that he gets.

Thanks as always for turning out and making this annual event a great success. I hope to see everyone again.

I wish I could have made it. I even had it worked out so my kids could go over to a friends house while my wife was at work. But then reality set in (man, I hate it when that happens) and I started thinking about how much work that needed to be done around the house and all the other stuff that just has somehow been slipping though the cracks the last couple of weeks, and I just couldn't go without feeling really guilty...so I ende up staying around the house, regretting all that that I ddin't make the drive.

But, hey...the mulch I spent the whole day working on looks really great (I know...little consolation).

I hope you all had a great time. Looks like the weather was great. Oh well...we'll get up there in a couple of weeks.

BTW, if anyone of you are planning on meeting there, and wouldn't mind an extra dive buddie, could you shoot me a PM, or an email? I'd like to come up.

Thanks;

John

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom