Meet and Greet Time Again (Gilboa April 28-30, 2006)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jham2081:
I'm planning on coming up on friday morning. I'm also diving wet (7mm, FJ) as i mentioned earlier. I'm trying to figure out how much it would cost (air fills), was curious as to how many dives you all think will be done on Friday (that is the only day i can be there, but i can be there all day, and possibly stay for a (early) night dive). Assuming its not bitter cold for us wet folk, is 3-4 dives possible?

How many dives you do is strictly up to the individual. how they feel how cold they are. LIke mentioned earlier diving is pretty much going on non stop. so to budget... air fills are 7.00 a peice.

jham2081:
I'm planning on coming up on friday morning. I'm also diving wet (7mm, FJ) as i mentioned earlier. I'm trying to figure out how much it would cost (air fills), was curious as to how many dives you all think will be done on Friday (that is the only day i can be there, but i can be there all day, and possibly stay for a (early) night dive). Assuming its not bitter cold for us wet folk, is 3-4 dives possible?

You can take a look at Gilboa's website.

Quarry admission- $12/ day
Parking- $ 8
Tanks- $ 7/ fill

Getting to meet the GLWC gang... priceless

Yeah- you could do 3 or 4 if you were there all day, I've done as many as 7 in a day, but that was in a dry suit, diving a computer, and some of the dives were short ones with students.

Well, priceless or not it looks like I am out. Started working ten hour days Monday -Saturday. I will keep it in mind since we will have a few weekends off but I doubt that one.

crpntr133:
Well, priceless or not it looks like I am out. Started working ten hour days Monday -Saturday. I will keep it in mind since we will have a few weekends off but I doubt that one.

Bummer Wally- was looking forward to seeing you again. Maybe you will be able to sneak away. 60 hours a week.... sounds like some one is racking up the OT $$$ for some shiney new dive gear and maybe a trip or two. :D

gtxl1200:
It should be the other way around you should be paying me for the priveledge of having something of MINE in your possession.

Ted -
LOL!!!! Maybe if it was a SCUBA gear I could use. Hmmm..... a scooter is definitely something I wouldn't minde storing for ya. Or one of your jet skis!

ALL -
I know what I haven't seen on the list to bring. Newspaper for kindling. I don't subscribe to one so that's a tough item for me to volunteer for. Anyone????

Paula

I can handle the newspaper.

Every year, I look to try and make this, I'd really like to meet some of the characters on this board. This year's excuse, I'm flying in from San Diego on Friday, and out to Key Largo on Sunday. Unfortunately I'm not taking my dive gear to San Diego, but I certainly considered it. I am taking my gear to Key Largo though, hopefully I can get a dozen or more dives in.

Of course, I've also missed 10 straight company Christmas parties for one reason or another.

I told my wife she can do as much shopping in Key Largo as she wants. About the only stores are dive shops.

RPanick:
Every year, I look to try and make this, I'd really like to meet some of the characters on this board. This year's excuse, I'm flying in from San Diego on Friday, and out to Key Largo on Sunday. Unfortunately I'm not taking my dive gear to San Diego, but I certainly considered it. I am taking my gear to Key Largo though, hopefully I can get a dozen or more dives in.

Of course, I've also missed 10 straight company Christmas parties for one reason or another.

I told my wife she can do as much shopping in Key Largo as she wants. About the only stores are dive shops.

Hey Bob.

Wish you could make it but am glad your reasons include diving.

A few years ago I worked in San Diego for several weeks. I didn't take my SCUBA gear but did take my snorkel gear. I had some very pleasant snorkelling experiences after work. My favorite - the garibaldis!

Something to consider.
Paula

diver_paula:
ALL -
I know what I haven't seen on the list to bring. Newspaper for kindling. I don't subscribe to one so that's a tough item for me to volunteer for. Anyone????

Paula

I'm in hotels for the next few weeks (with the same rental car) and get 2 papers a day. I'll save them and bring them Friday afternoon.

BTW - I've heard that cars aren't allowed near the dive sites. Any hints on getting gear as close as possible?? (I'll find any easy way I can.)

Eeyore48104:
BTW - I've heard that cars aren't allowed near the dive sites. Any hints on getting gear as close as possible?? (I'll find any easy way I can.)
You have two choices. You are allowed to drive your car down and drop your gear off and then take the car back to the lot by the office or you can pay the camping fee ($8) and you can leave your car down in the camping/dive entry area.
Ber :lilbunny:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom