Meet and Greet Time Again (Gilboa April 28-30, 2006)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Not a wuss, just smarter than me! :wink: Yep - full 3mm should be fine for me - at 65 deg for 45 min or so - no problem! Hot chocolate on the boat is a strong possibility, though!

scubapolly:
Charlie,
Does that mean you'll be diving a 3mm in NC as well? Am I going to look like a wuss in my dry suit, think undies and chemical heater packs?

Polly

Eeyore48104:
NC/Komi - I'll be there Friday afternoon. Shall we make a splash then?? and then a "blue streak" out? *ROTFLMAO*

I'll be there Fri. early a.m. Look for the gray van with "Mr Wiz" on the plates. Blue tent and blue canopy. I'd be happy to do a dive with you, however, I'm going dry.--- Ok, Ok, if we actually dive together, I'll wear my 7mm with a 5mm vest and hood; level the playing field a bit, but only for one dive. After that it's dry all the way.

Ok I got a minute to update the list.

I will have the Great Lakes Wrecking Crew sign I will be there early Friday morning it will be hung up somwhere visible for everyone to see. You cant miss us The GLWC Bunk House is 30ft long so it is visable from way down the road. Plus for the ladies it does have running water and flush toilets. for those that dont want the hassle or take up the space that were going to bring small grills and propane. Bunkhouse has full kitchen also so if you dont want to bring that stuff you dont have to.

Dont worry about when and who to dive with. Diving always takes place pretty much non stop all weekend. That is the one good thing about Gilboa. Just gear up and giant stride in. It usually finishes up each night with a night dive.

The Pot luck........ and let me add these usually put most buffets in vegas to shame. Usually takes place between 1and3 on Satuday so this for sure is the day and time you will want to try and be there.

now for the updated list

OK here is the updated list if you havent spoke up yet. read the list and decided what you might think we need and let us know

Gtxl1200
1. Bunkhouse
2. Generator
3. 30 cup coffee maker
4. a few leftover cups and plates from past meet and greets
5. name tags
6. GLWC Welcome sign

Ber Rabbit
1. Vegetable tray
2. 10x10 enclosed tent
3. Portable heat

Mitten Diver
1. 10x10 pop up canopy tent
2. paper plates, napkins, bowls, cups and assorted other gear left over from previous Meet & Greets
4. Tex-Mex dip and chips
5. Smores and assorted special ingrediants
6. Extra gear to borrow and for sale.

Komie Hunter
1. Tent
2. Fire wood

Notso Ken
1. Pop up canopy
2. Meats to BBQ
3. Home made adult beverages

DiverBrian
1. wood, thanks Brian for resolving that issue
2. Always has extra gear to borrow if needed

electricbear60625
1. renting a room would share if anyone interested.
2. Ice chest. So I will put you down for a couple 3 bags of ice
3. cases of water,gatorade,soda,
4. Italian Beef and rolls

Divin'Hoosier
1. propane stove once again look at top of this post
2. Snack goodies

Jham2081
1. Chocolate chip cookies

Barracuda2
1. 20lbs of Toledo Keilbasa

Dean810
1. Big tent with room for others if interested.

Diver Paula
1. 1 black las vegas hat
2. 1 pair of red sunglasses
3. Tri-pod & cauldron
4. Soup makings - to be coordinated with Polly and served early to help beat the chill
Tea kettle
5. Thermal carafe - to keep water hot for tea & hot cocoa mix
Coffee Creamer
6. $ for firewood
7. Long hot dog / marshmallow stick
8. Fruit - probably apples and bananas
9. Clothes / wet-stuff line
10. Camp box - includes knives, matches, lighter, trash bags, Purell, paper towels, Salt, Pepper, tongs, Splenda, tea bags, etc.
11. Misc. extra gear - underwater flashlights, gloves, hood, straps, etc.

Scubapolly
1. Chicken noodle Soup fixins

Riff Raff
1. Lunch meat and Bread
2. Freshly killed caribbou

That is all I saw for right now. If I missed anyone then PM me and let me know. I will bring a Turkey again if anyone has a fryer. I cant seem to locate mine.
this is shaping up to be the biggest Meet n Greet yet.

Komi - I have a real idiot for a boss but I talked him into letting me go on Friday. (It's the last day of the contract and I'm self-employed!)

'cuda - I'd appreciate a guide. (This will be my first dive at Gilboa.) You can go dry, if you want. I'll really be in a 7mm with 7mm Merino-lined/hooded vest, so I'll have 30-40 minutes before I get really cold. (I'm such an air-hawg that I'll probably run out of air before I run out of body temp, even with my new 108.)

Wish I could come to the shin-dig Saturday - sounds like GREAT eats! But I gotta make money for more diving and equipment. (Besides, the boss has an OW class doing their OW dives Saturday/Sunday at Portage, so somebody's gotta mind the store!)

BTW, I will be planning on the bunkhouse for Friday night, but two of my buddies have done their usual stay at Gilboa routine for Saturday and I plan to split the apartment with them when I get tired enough to go to bed on Saturday :) .

I ordered the new divemobile yesterday. I should have it in plenty of time for Meet and Greet. It is a small 4WD Sport-utility vehicle and should be another good place for people to slip on their gear.

diverbrian:
BTW, I will be planning on the bunkhouse for Friday night, but two of my buddies have done their usual stay at Gilboa routine for Saturday and I plan to split the apartment with them when I get tired enough to go to bed on Saturday :) .

So for those of you who freeze Friday there will be a spot open Saturday in the Bunkhouse. And as Always more spots will or should say can be made available by the amount of Green paper slipped into my hand as the event moves forward. hehehehe Dive gear isnt cheap as you all know.

Back
Top Bottom