Meet and Greet Time Again (Gilboa April 28-30, 2006)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scubapolly:
Jham.... I am sure you will be able to find someone willing to eat your cookies.

Paula- I was just reading through the old posts. If you are still planning on bringing your cauldron I will bring some soup makins too..... I am sure we can't have enough that time of year particularly for our wet friends.

I'll second that, on both counts! Your wet friends do definitely appreciate something hot to eat/drink between dives!!!! (And, if I remember correctly from previous M&Gs, Paula is also one of those wet friends)

Ken

I'm getting excited!!!!!!!!

Only a 5 weeks away!

I really want to meet some of you guys but I just can't see myself making it out to the meet and greet this year. I am returning from Cozumel on 4/24 and I think my body would go into shock or something from 79F degree water to 41F in the same week? Jeez I'm shivering already and the air temp is currently a whopping 32F rock and roll over degrees! :D Everytime I get enough pocket change I just want to go somewhere warm and alas no dry suit =(. Come on guys how many days did the air temp even make it to the upper 80's last year:06: Is there any way to get on a mailing list for future events if we should by chance get some unseasonably warm weather? Please let me know because you guys sound like a pretty fun group to hang out with...

gtxl1200:
I'm on max overtime at work right now I will update the who's bringing what list as soon as I get a minute.

I just got a great deal on 20 lbs. of Toledo Polish Kielbasa. I will precook it before I come and we'll warm it up for Sat. meal or whenever you guys want to "die and go to heaven" I'll be there in the A.M. on Fri. so we can feast any time you want.

YOU WANT GARLIC; I GOT GARLIC!!:D

jham2081:
If you all are kind to inexerienced hoovers, I'll try to come up. Probably be there friday for sure, but may need to be back for work on Sat.

Who are you trying to kid? You're leading our next dive at Gilboa!~!!!!!!

Wow! Just realized I haven't been on the board in 3 weeks! Where does the time go?

I plan to take the day off and get there about noon.

I will be bringing:

Tri-pod & cauldron
Soup makings - to be coordinated with Polly and served early to help beat the chill
Tea kettle
Thermal carafe - to keep water hot for tea & hot cocoa mix
Coffee Creamer
$ for firewood
Long hot dog / marshmallow stick
Fruit - probably apples and bananas
Clothes / wet-stuff line
Camp box - includes knives, matches, lighter, trash bags, Purell, paper towels, Salt,
Pepper, tongs, Splenda, tea bags, etc.
Misc. extra gear - underwater flashlights, gloves, hood, straps, etc.

I will bring if necessary - just let me know:
small propane grill
Coleman stove
griddle to cook breakfast type food on Coleman
Coleman lantern
Extra folding chairs
Pop-up type canopy with sides (easily borrowed)
Folding tables
More I'm not going to try to think of right now :)

Paula

Back
Top Bottom