Meet and Greet Time Again (Gilboa April 28-30, 2006)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Divingnthedark:
I really want to meet some of you guys but I just can't see myself making it out to the meet and greet this year. I am returning from Cozumel on 4/24 and I think my body would go into shock or something from 79F degree water to 41F in the same week? Jeez I'm shivering already and the air temp is currently a whopping 32F rock and roll over degrees! :D Everytime I get enough pocket change I just want to go somewhere warm and alas no dry suit =(. Come on guys how many days did the air temp even make it to the upper 80's last year:06: Is there any way to get on a mailing list for future events if we should by chance get some unseasonably warm weather? Please let me know because you guys sound like a pretty fun group to hang out with...

You might want to think about going to the DUI demo days the first weekend in June. Good chance to dive the quarry in warmth without the expense. I don't think we have anything specific planned for that weekend, but I am sure we will make some plans, as there are ususally a lot of people there. I know I for one will be there this year.

diver_paula:
Soup makings - to be coordinated with Polly and served early to help beat the chill

Paula,
I will probably bring some stuff for making chicken noodle soup.

How big is your cauldron?

scubapolly:
You might want to think about going to the DUI demo days the first weekend in June. Good chance to dive the quarry in warmth without the expense. I don't think we have anything specific planned for that weekend, but I am sure we will make some plans, as there are ususally a lot of people there. I know I for one will be there this year.
Where are they holding the demo? At Gilboa? Hey, that would really be a great opportunity and I should have some extra change by then. Keep me posted please...That would open up a whole new spectrum for me and there are a lot of places I would like to go that require dry. Thanks =)
Loretta

Divingnthedark:
Where are they holding the demo? At Gilboa? Hey, that would really be a great opportunity and I should have some extra change by then. Keep me posted please...That would open up a whole new spectrum for me and there are a lot of places I would like to go that require dry. Thanks =)
Loretta

Yeah it will be held at Gilboa. June 2-4. Check out the web site

These events are always lots of fun, and a great way to find out what it is like to dive dry. They usually have other equipment there to demo- one year they even had ffms with com systems.
It can be very crowded is the major down side. I have missed the past 2 years, but the last one I was at had over 500 people in attendance.

Well it's going to be a work dive weekend for me. Anyone want to abuse some OW students and a few AOW ones? I'll be bringing some along :D
Ber :lilbunny:

Ber Rabbit:
Well it's going to be a work dive weekend for me. Anyone want to abuse some OW students and a few AOW ones? I'll be bringing some along :D

I'll be there. I didn't get to shut off enough valves in the pool . . . .

Ber Rabbit:

You know that I am always up to abusing students and supplying gas to divemasters.

I take that you want to bring the WHOLE dive locker :) .

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom