Meet and Greet Time Again (Gilboa April 28-30, 2006)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ber Rabbit:
Just follow the drive around the quarry and you'll find us where the road ends :D

PS Absolutely do not go faster than the posted 5mph speed limit, the owner (Mike) is really picky about that.
Ber :lilbunny:
If you really want to get him going, show him your fishing pole.

LOL
SCOTT

Dean810:
I don't know what you MEAN by that, but I don't think I want to do that!

He dose not want anybody to hurt the fish in the cory: And he will get very mean if he finds out that there is anybody thay has!!!!!
The fish are very neat so please dont hurt them.

IndyScott

diverbrian:
So, inviting Mike to a freshly cooked trout dinner at the quarry is a very bad idea? :wink:
Diverbrian are you trying to get someone killed? Nice trout there, I hung out on top the school bus in a school of them for about 15 minutes, It was a bright sunny day and it was neat:05:
Loretta

I wouldn't dream of actually harming those fish. I enjoy them as much as anybody else. Actually, being a season pass holder, I probably enjoy them more than most :) . Besides, I have to have something to keep me entertained while I am working with that class on the weekend before M&G with our shop besides the students :) .

Make it fresh paddlefish and Mike would torture you first! They don't like to come out and play at all, but I am told that they are there.

diverbrian:
Make it fresh paddlefish and Mike would torture you first! They don't like to come out and play at all, but I am told that they are there.

Never had them. I wonder if they are good to eat.

Any body got a SPEAR GUN ?

LOL
IndyScott :14:

All -
Thanks for the welcome!
I'm as strange as any (stranger than most) - but hopefully we'll not be stragers after.

Anyone - I'll be coming right from work (last day of a contract in Columbus) Friday night, then I have to go home immediately (Ann Arbor) to work at my LDS Saturday. Anyone want to "buddy up" prior (so we can begin planning)?

Divin' Hoosier - Does anyone (well, anyone who is sane, anyway) dive anything lighter than 7mm in these quarries?? (At least until July.) ;-)

Hey Eeyore, I double dog dare ya to dive in a 3mm :D Will have to get Barracuda2 to video that if you do :wink:

5mm is about as low as the relatively sane but naturally insulated people will go as far as exposure protection.
Ber :lilbunny:

Eeyore48104:
Divin' Hoosier - Does anyone (well, anyone who is sane, anyway) dive anything lighter than 7mm in these quarries?? (At least until July.) ;-)

I'm new to diving and to the group, but I sure don't think so. Maybe a 5mm with a hooded vest, but then your arms and legs would probably suffer. I certainly wouldn't give it a try. You're talking water temps in the low 40s. Most people wouldn't even do it in a 7mm, but some of use are just more hearty than others. :wink:

In all honesty, I expect to be quite chilly in a 7mm with a 7mm hooded vest, but it's better than not diving at all. A dry suit isn't in the budget until next year or the year after.

Back
Top Bottom