Meet and Greet Time Again (Gilboa April 28-30, 2006)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

diverbrian:
John,
If you bring "adult beverages", please show Mike the respect of not advertising that you are doing so :wink: . This goes on the theory that this is supposed to be a family dive site and young children are very welcome. So adults are expected to behave :)

Another :soapbox: :furious: :losecool: rule to oppress us! Not only can we not spearfish for paddlefish, we can't do it drunk!!

Dean,

Those who know me know what I mean by "patriots" :) . I'll just say that only dive dry. I don't necessarily celebrate successful dives that way :wink: .

John,

You won't have a problem getting reasonably priced air fills at Gilboa. One tank will likely do you just fine.

Everything's looking good for being there early Friday and departing Saturday. Wife was gone yesterday and found myself suiting up in the living room, just to get the feel of everything (is that sick?). Oh well, now just have to get camping stuff together and wait it out. Like I said should be there early on Friday.

Can't wait to meet you all.

Dean810:
I think I should bring some veggies. I don't hear alot about veggies here.
I think I'm the only one who brings veggies :) Then again I am a rabbit!
Ber :lilbunny:

Eeyore48104:
Ber Rabbit:
Hey Eeyore, I double dog dare ya to dive in a 3mm :D Will have to get Barracuda2 to video that if you do :wink:

Maybe I'll do that - and put on a 7mm over it! :wink:

Hee Hee I triple dog dare ya!! :D

Eeyore48104:
All -
Thanks for the welcome!
I'm as strange as any (stranger than most) - but hopefully we'll not be stragers after.

Anyone - I'll be coming right from work (last day of a contract in Columbus) Friday night, then I have to go home immediately (Ann Arbor) to work at my LDS Saturday. Anyone want to "buddy up" prior (so we can begin planning)?

Divin' Hoosier - Does anyone (well, anyone who is sane, anyway) dive anything lighter than 7mm in these quarries?? (At least until July.) ;-)

I dove a 3mm once. I think it's the only time anybody's seen me signal I was cold. And that was only at 30 feet! Actually, the only reason I dove the 3mm was to figger out the proper weight I needed for it. Short, shallow, dive. Checked my log - 32 feet 7 minutes. And, the water was warm that day, about 65 at 25 feet.

Ken

diverbrian:
John,
and we have some homebrewers that sometimes like to demonstrate their wares (NotSoKen?).

Directions? Where are you coming in from?

You know me! Got 2 recent batches to pick from.

Ken

jwalko:
Ken:

I'll trade you some store bought for some home brew.

John

Well, that's not a very good deal for me AT ALL!

I home brew specifically because I find store bought so apalling.

But, I tend to bring enough to share.

Ken

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom