Meet and Greet Time Again (Gilboa April 28-30, 2006)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ber Rabbit:
I'll bring the veggie tray :biggrin: I'm a rabbit after all! I'll also have my 10x10 enclosed "festival" tent and heaters.
Ber :lilbunny:

We need some meat; So can you bring some fresh rabbit for everyone?

LOL
SCott

Hi Everyone,
I am planning on going to the m&g. I will be staying in a hotel in Findley, I am not one for camping. I have a couple of questions,
1) What do I need to bring for the potluck? i.e. meat, snacks,drinks,ect. I will also be bringing an ice chest with me too that we can use.
2) is anyone planning on arriving on Friday? I think I will be at gilboa around 2pm EST. will there be anyone who wants to dive Friday afternoon?
3) I am willing to share a hotel room with someone if they want to split the costs, just email me direct so we can set this up. I just can't do camping...

My email is electricbear60625@yahoo.com
Thanks for the info,
Robb

electricbear60625:
2) is anyone planning on arriving on Friday? I think I will be at gilboa around 2pm EST. will there be anyone who wants to dive Friday afternoon?

I'd imagine I won't be the only one, but I'm planning on taking Friday off from work. It looks like Gilboa is about a 3.5 hour drive for me. I should be there by late morning or early afternoon. I'm hoping to get in 1 or 2 dives Friday, maybe a night dive Friday night, and then 1 or 2 more dives on Saturday. I'll have to leave Saturday by around 4 or 5 so I can make it home at a decent hour Saturday. I can't stay for Sunday because my daughter has a soccer game Sunday I don't want to miss.

I'm planning on tent camping Friday night. I have a small backpacking tent I plan on using. I'll be able to bring a Coleman 2-burner propane canister gas stove, a propane canister lantern (assuming I can get the wicks setup ... I have the hardest time doing that!), certainly a cooler and also some goodies to share in addition to enough food for myself.

OK - I am planing on arriving Saturday morning. I will bring with me a small portable propane grill and a small portable charcoal grill, charcoal and propane included. BYOMeat.

I think I might bring asome kind of exposure suit, or would that be considered unecessary at this time of year?

Barracuda2:
You mean it's going to cost me $5 bucks to heat up the Kielbasa with wood?? bummer! Hey, how about those disposable grills, or How about using charcoal? 5 bucks will buy a lot of charcoal; or how about Colman stoves? Any other ideas?

I'm not sure what he is charging for wood. I was using the 5.00 which is the going rate around here for what they call campfire wood and it is usually hardly enough to use just for kindling it is mostely bark.

Mitten diver usually brings a Grill for cooking food on. So that wont be a problem. I also have a full kitchen in the bunkhouse. Cooking food wasnt really the issue with the wood it was campfires only and cooking the marshmellows for the smore's

electricbear60625:
Hi Everyone,
I am planning on going to the m&g. I will be staying in a hotel in Findley, I am not one for camping. I have a couple of questions,
1) What do I need to bring for the potluck? i.e. meat, snacks,drinks,ect. I will also be bringing an ice chest with me too that we can use.
3) I am willing to share a hotel room with someone if they want to split the costs, just email me direct so we can set this up. I just can't do camping...

My email is electricbear60625@yahoo.com
Thanks for the info,
Robb

Gilboa has rooms right on site you can stay at. It is a lot better then driving 30 plus minutes back to Findlay then back again Saturday morning. plus you dont want to miss the unforgettable conversations that takes place around the well maybe this year pretend campfire. You must remember the rule of M&G though what happens or is said there stays there.

I will be there around 10am or so Friday. Diving takes place all day and night so you will always have someone to dive with.

How bought I sign you up for about 2 cases of water no one has mentioned that yet.

pcarlson1911:
OK - I am planing on arriving Saturday morning. I will bring with me a small portable propane grill and a small portable charcoal grill, charcoal and propane included. BYOMeat.

I think I might bring asome kind of exposure suit, or would that be considered unecessary at this time of year?

Exposure suit is highly recommended this time of year at Gilboa according to my dive log laste year temps were in the low40's and about 36 down by the tubes.

We have been very fortunate though for surface temps on the last three spring meet and greets. it has been sunny and in the 70's so lets hope we wont need much for exposure protection on the surface.

joedelt:
you need about a full day for mittens smores :wink:

JoeDirt hehehehe how the heck are ya. Hey if you make it will Miss jenny be coming?? even though I wont require her services this year. I got a new neck seal installed during the off season. We would like to see her again regardless though. who else can cook 30 dozen eggs and 6 pounds of bacon???

does this look queer to you???? does this look queer to you????

OH yeah hehehe

I'm coming up on Friday. I'm hoping to be able to bust out of work around noon, which will put me there around 3pm, otherwise it will be more like 5 or 6 before I can get up there. I plan on camping, but will have to head out fairly early on Sunday as I have to teach a BOW class at 3pm.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom