Meet and Greet Time Again (Gilboa April 28-30, 2006)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

OK here is the updated list if you havent spoke up yet. read the list and decided what you might think we need and let us know

Gtxl1200
1. Bunkhouse
2. Generator
3. 30 cup coffee maker
4. fire wood
5. a few leftover cups and plates from past meet and greets
6. name tags

Ber Rabbit
1. Vegetable tray
2. 10x10 enclosed tent
3. Portable heat

Mitten Diver
1. 10x10 pop up canopy tent
2. paper plates, napkins, bowls, cups and assorted other gear left over from previous Meet & Greets
4. Tex-Mex dip and chips
5. Smores and assorted special ingrediants

Komie Hunter
1. Tent
2. Fire wood

Notso Ken
1. Pop up canopy
2. Meats to BBQ
3. Home made adult beverages

I'll bring mass quantities of Hot chocolate mix, I can bring some wood if I come up alone, but if I carpool the truck starts getting real full. I'll have to think some more on other good stuff to bring.

Maybe we want to plan some sort of pot luck dinner for Sat afternoon? (I know not everyone is spending the night sat so we might have a bigger turn out if we do it earlier.... not to mention gives us time to digest before the smores) Maybe everyone bring their own meat to grill and a dish to share? Just a thought.

scubapolly:
I'll bring mass quantities of Hot chocolate mix, I can bring some wood if I come up alone, but if I carpool the truck starts getting real full. I'll have to think some more on other good stuff to bring.

Maybe we want to plan some sort of pot luck dinner for Sat afternoon? (I know not everyone is spending the night sat so we might have a bigger turn out if we do it earlier.... not to mention gives us time to digest before the smores) Maybe everyone bring their own meat to grill and a dish to share? Just a thought.

We always have a pot luck on Satuday. It is usually between 2and4. That is why we have the list to see what everyone is bringing so people can get an idea of what is missing so they can maybe fill in the gaps.... Some one usually brings a turky frier but I havent seen Dramax Tim or Yeah the other guy from ohio man I forgot his handle just now. Neither one of those two have spoken up yet so if any one that is coming has a turky fryer and wants to bring it That would be good.

komi hunter:
No little critters in the firewood I bring as my dad heats with wood and I am going to raid his pile and fill my trunk with it so I will have plenty of wood.

I just talked to Jodi and she said that we have to use their wood because they don't want the ashbore bug brought in by outside wood. I told her that I would bring only fruit wood to burn, but she said "no deal". Did Mike allow outside wood last M & G?

BTW, I'm Bringing Polish kielbasa from Toledo. First come, first served.

Ted, somehow I skipped that part of your post--stupid sloooow dial up doesn't always load complete posts and it hops around a lot as it loads.

Last time I brought wood up (we have no ash borers) they said "no deal" also and had me dump it. I could have taken it home but there are ash borers in that area and I'm not going to risk bringing them back to my woods at home.
Ber :lilbunny:

As far as the wood goes we have kind of always gotten away with it because we usually have this event around this time of year every year and it is before Gilboa's season is really in full swing. plus we are always way in the back by ourselfs as not bring attention to ourselfs and what we do back there. Since wood seems to be a big issue with you people. I will be leaving my wood at home. but I will add I will go with out a fire before I give Mike anymore of my money for a couple of pieces of bark.

for those that have been there in the past No we go through Large amounts of wood. I used up all of the wood I brought last year which was half of the back of my truck and Duramax Tim brought another truck load and I dont think much of his was left. You cant have Iron melting and bottle melting fires with 5.00 dollar bundles of bark.

It doesn't matter to me whether people bring wood or not. I'm just trying to make sure everyone knew there was a wood issue in Ohio now. I didn't know anything about it until I brought that wood up in October.
Ber :lilbunny:

You mean it's going to cost me $5 bucks to heat up the Kielbasa with wood?? bummer! Hey, how about those disposable grills, or How about using charcoal? 5 bucks will buy a lot of charcoal; or how about Colman stoves? Any other ideas?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom