Mayumi resort

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Oh. One more thing..... I was impressed at how the owner treated his guests.... One of his foreign guests wanted to go visit another resort because her friends were there but did not have a way to go. Going by boat would've been to cost inefficient for just one person. So I overheard the owner offer the use of his own car to take the foreign guest to the other resort.

This made me smile and say to myself... "now that is what El Nido/Amanpulo service is all about." So maybe Alexyu was on to something when he said that Mayumi is comparable to Amanpulo. Maybe not in term of facilities, but in terms of service.
Thanks for your honest unbiased review of the resort. Sounds like some great service. After being around these forums for a while you learn to sieve through the BS posts and keep the posts with substance. Everything should be taken with a grain of salt on the internet. :wink:

Joel never gave me a ride... j/k Thumbs up for Solana... Pricey but nice accomodations and great spotter/guides. Dining area could be improved. A bit cramp at the dining table areas even without a full resort.

I am sure Joel would be more than willing to give one of his guests a ride to anywhere... He is a very generous guy! You are right... Solana has great spotters and guides.

I would say that Solana raised the bar for resort quality and service in Anilao... and Mayumi is one of the resorts (maybe the only resort) that has stepped up to the plate and is trying to match if not raise the bar some more. Kudos to both Solana and Mayumi for their efforts.

yup. solana's spotters make a big difference.

it has been quite a while since i checked out this thread again.. and am so happy that my comment made a stir.... yes, hananabanana...you got me right.. indeed, it is mayumi's service that i was referring to in my first comment...

and so time and again as i have always remembered my most cherished trips... it was and will always be about the people, the experience and the service on top of the location... cheers!
let us dive safe... always.

I agree with you on this Hanna.

Definitely, the service is great and food is just divine!

And I agree that Daniel would really go the extra mile or two to serve his guests.

I love mayumi and definitely would come back there. oh, Did you get the feeling that you don't want to dive anymore and you just want to stay and lounge around there?

Sorry to jump in.

I stayed at Mayumi resort last weekend. It is definitely not of Amanpulo caliber but I can see some signs of the owner's experience with Amanpulo and El Nido.

The place is nice and small. 6 rooms only. Owner said they are building a maximum of 6 more rooms only so as not to crowd the resort. Sounds like a smart move to me. I enjoyed the "lack of divers" in the resort.

Some "signs of El Nido"... They seem to have "unlimited supply" of fresh beach towels similar to El Nido's stripped towels (Mayumi uses yellow and white while El Nido uses blue and white I think). I was impressed that the staff promptly replenished the beach towel tray with fresh towels (as compared to being "issued" a single towel at other resorts in Anilao). The beach towels are different from the room towels. And oh... the room towels are TOWELS!!!! They are nice and huge!!!

The rooms are nice and cozy. Our room had a verandah with a daybed with lots of pillows. I enjoyed reading a book and taking a nap there. Then again, I enjoyed staying at the balinese hut they had too. Hhhhhhmmmmm. I will have to think about which nook I enjoyed more. I enjoyed the sheets as well. I had a hard time waking up for the dive. I planned to do 4 dives for the weekend but ended up only diving once a day. I just decided to hang around the resort and relax.

The dining area is very nice. Its the only place in Anilao that I know of that plays jazz music. The lighting was done in such a way that I did not feel I was in Anilao. I felt like I was in some exotic place. The lights were dimmed after dinner and it looked like there were big candles on the posts. Very classy.

The food... ah the food.... It was very excellent. They have a chef that does some form of "show cooking". Best food I have tried so far in Anilao. The presentation is also very good. According to the owner, they had their all their plates and chafing dishes custom made by the same people who make plates for El Nido and Amanpulo.

The resort and staff itself are excellent in my book. Only things that do not match the over-all resort feel and efficiency is the diving facilities. As of the moment, they don't have their own compressor or tanks or rental gear. It is also difficult to get on an off the boat as the front area is mostly small slippery stones and rocks. Owner said that they are in process of getting their "diving act" together. They are supposedly building a pier and some buoys for the boats to tie off too and are also making arrangements for the tanks and rental gear. Their diving is not perfect, but it is not bad either. I was not able to tell that they had that handicap... I found out only because the owner apologized and explained to me the situation.

I personally don't know if their having a more efficient will make me dive more off Mayumi. I personally felt sad when we were leaving to dive and was excited to get back to the resort after the dive.

Mayumi is now my favorite resort in Anilao.

the comparison should be mayumi and amanpulo. =) the owners very nice people... one of the owner used to be with amanpulo and it is his benchmark. you will see their love and passion for the place.. its not just business as usual. =)

True. I remember that Daniel (the owner) mentioned that he worked in Amanpulo and that he benchmarks everything from his experience there.

One of the divers i brought there said it's the Amanpulo in Anilao (in terms of the service) without the price tag. and that the owner's experience in Amanpulo definitely shows in the way the resort is run.

four thumbs up!

I agree with you on this Hanna.

Definitely, the service is great and food is just divine!

And I agree that Daniel would really go the extra mile or two to serve his guests.

I love mayumi and definitely would come back there. oh, Did you get the feeling that you don't want to dive anymore and you just want to stay and lounge around there?

Hey Aparatchiki,

Service is not yet up to par with Amanpulo but I can see that efforts are being made to get there. Service and amenities are definitely better than any resort I have been to in Anilao. I know it will be up there soon.

Food...... Hmmmmmm... put it this way.... the one "bad thing" about Mayumi is that I am sure I gain a few pounds after a weekend at Mayumi.... and to think that I am not an "eater". But the food there is just so good that I feel like I am in some nice resto in Makati instead of being in Anilao. I love their fruit shakes!!!

I used to expect to do at least 4 dives in a weekend but I have grown accustomed to just doing one dive a day at Mayumi. I even sometimes feel "sad" that I have to leave Mayumi for a dive. I really enjoy just lounging around in the hut of Mayumi. I still look forward to diving but I am not as "hungry" for it when I am at Mayumi.

I can't wait till all their wooden decks are finished. I think they already started their deck construction. Daniel mentioned that they will deck(wooden) the whole front area and have lots of low tables and big throw pillows around the deck. I think they are also building 2 more huts. Daniel told me that his goal for the lounging are is to make it so comfortable that people will not "need" to dive to enjoy their weekend. Of course I will still dive, but I will also definitely enjoy the time I am on land. I can't wait!!!!

Keep it up Daniel!!!! And Kudos to the staff of Mayumi!!!!!!!

True. I remember that Daniel (the owner) mentioned that he worked in Amanpulo and that he benchmarks everything from his experience there.

One of the divers i brought there said it's the Amanpulo in Anilao (in terms of the service) without the price tag. and that the owner's experience in Amanpulo definitely shows in the way the resort is run.

four thumbs up!

Price tag..... I would not mind paying a little bit more for the experience I get at Mayumi..... I hope Daniel is not reading this. Hihiihihihi!

But honestly... I feel that I get more than my moneys worth in Mayumi... even more so after they finish their decks.

Oh. I hope they iron out their diving facility soon. Not that is a problem now. But I suspect it will be in the future if more and more people come and stay at Mayumi. I hope Daniel skipped my above post but is reading this.

But I feel that Norman the manager has done a good job so far of dealing with their handicap of having no in house dive facilities. I personally did not notice that they did not have a dive facility, not until Daniel mentioned it to me.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom