Mayumi resort

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I dated a girl called Mayumi. She was accommodating. Does that help?

expensive happy endings?

I was a teenager at the time. She got a MacDonalds and thought herself lucky, dammit!

Sorry to jump in.

I stayed at Mayumi resort last weekend. It is definitely not of Amanpulo caliber but I can see some signs of the owner's experience with Amanpulo and El Nido.

The place is nice and small. 6 rooms only. Owner said they are building a maximum of 6 more rooms only so as not to crowd the resort. Sounds like a smart move to me. I enjoyed the "lack of divers" in the resort.

Some "signs of El Nido"... They seem to have "unlimited supply" of fresh beach towels similar to El Nido's stripped towels (Mayumi uses yellow and white while El Nido uses blue and white I think). I was impressed that the staff promptly replenished the beach towel tray with fresh towels (as compared to being "issued" a single towel at other resorts in Anilao). The beach towels are different from the room towels. And oh... the room towels are TOWELS!!!! They are nice and huge!!!

The rooms are nice and cozy. Our room had a verandah with a daybed with lots of pillows. I enjoyed reading a book and taking a nap there. Then again, I enjoyed staying at the balinese hut they had too. Hhhhhhmmmmm. I will have to think about which nook I enjoyed more. I enjoyed the sheets as well. I had a hard time waking up for the dive. I planned to do 4 dives for the weekend but ended up only diving once a day. I just decided to hang around the resort and relax.

The dining area is very nice. Its the only place in Anilao that I know of that plays jazz music. The lighting was done in such a way that I did not feel I was in Anilao. I felt like I was in some exotic place. The lights were dimmed after dinner and it looked like there were big candles on the posts. Very classy.

The food... ah the food.... It was very excellent. They have a chef that does some form of "show cooking". Best food I have tried so far in Anilao. The presentation is also very good. According to the owner, they had their all their plates and chafing dishes custom made by the same people who make plates for El Nido and Amanpulo.

The resort and staff itself are excellent in my book. Only things that do not match the over-all resort feel and efficiency is the diving facilities. As of the moment, they don't have their own compressor or tanks or rental gear. It is also difficult to get on an off the boat as the front area is mostly small slippery stones and rocks. Owner said that they are in process of getting their "diving act" together. They are supposedly building a pier and some buoys for the boats to tie off too and are also making arrangements for the tanks and rental gear. Their diving is not perfect, but it is not bad either. I was not able to tell that they had that handicap... I found out only because the owner apologized and explained to me the situation.

I personally don't know if their having a more efficient will make me dive more off Mayumi. I personally felt sad when we were leaving to dive and was excited to get back to the resort after the dive.

Mayumi is now my favorite resort in Anilao.

Oh. One more thing..... I was impressed at how the owner treated his guests.... One of his foreign guests wanted to go visit another resort because her friends were there but did not have a way to go. Going by boat would've been to cost inefficient for just one person. So I overheard the owner offer the use of his own car to take the foreign guest to the other resort.

This made me smile and say to myself... "now that is what El Nido/Amanpulo service is all about." So maybe Alexyu was on to something when he said that Mayumi is comparable to Amanpulo. Maybe not in term of facilities, but in terms of service.

sounds like solana. how does it compare?

Sorry to jump in.

I stayed at Mayumi resort last weekend. It is definitely not of Amanpulo caliber but I can see some signs of the owner's experience with Amanpulo and El Nido.

The place is nice and small. 6 rooms only. Owner said they are building a maximum of 6 more rooms only so as not to crowd the resort. Sounds like a smart move to me. I enjoyed the "lack of divers" in the resort.

Some "signs of El Nido"... They seem to have "unlimited supply" of fresh beach towels similar to El Nido's stripped towels (Mayumi uses yellow and white while El Nido uses blue and white I think). I was impressed that the staff promptly replenished the beach towel tray with fresh towels (as compared to being "issued" a single towel at other resorts in Anilao). The beach towels are different from the room towels. And oh... the room towels are TOWELS!!!! They are nice and huge!!!

The rooms are nice and cozy. Our room had a verandah with a daybed with lots of pillows. I enjoyed reading a book and taking a nap there. Then again, I enjoyed staying at the balinese hut they had too. Hhhhhhmmmmm. I will have to think about which nook I enjoyed more. I enjoyed the sheets as well. I had a hard time waking up for the dive. I planned to do 4 dives for the weekend but ended up only diving once a day. I just decided to hang around the resort and relax.

The dining area is very nice. Its the only place in Anilao that I know of that plays jazz music. The lighting was done in such a way that I did not feel I was in Anilao. I felt like I was in some exotic place. The lights were dimmed after dinner and it looked like there were big candles on the posts. Very classy.

The food... ah the food.... It was very excellent. They have a chef that does some form of "show cooking". Best food I have tried so far in Anilao. The presentation is also very good. According to the owner, they had their all their plates and chafing dishes custom made by the same people who make plates for El Nido and Amanpulo.

The resort and staff itself are excellent in my book. Only things that do not match the over-all resort feel and efficiency is the diving facilities. As of the moment, they don't have their own compressor or tanks or rental gear. It is also difficult to get on an off the boat as the front area is mostly small slippery stones and rocks. Owner said that they are in process of getting their "diving act" together. They are supposedly building a pier and some buoys for the boats to tie off too and are also making arrangements for the tanks and rental gear. Their diving is not perfect, but it is not bad either. I was not able to tell that they had that handicap... I found out only because the owner apologized and explained to me the situation.

I personally don't know if their having a more efficient will make me dive more off Mayumi. I personally felt sad when we were leaving to dive and was excited to get back to the resort after the dive.

Mayumi is now my favorite resort in Anilao.

Solana and Mayumi are both nice. I like the food at Mayumi more (food is really terrific!!!). I like the layout of Solana. I like the dining experience at Mayumi. I like the diving convenience at Solana (not that diving from Mayumi is inconvenient). I like both. Price wise... I think Mayumi is more affordable. Not sure though. Have not been back to Solana in a long time.

sounds like solana. how does it compare?

Joel never gave me a ride... j/k Thumbs up for Solana... Pricey but nice accomodations and great spotter/guides. Dining area could be improved. A bit cramp at the dining table areas even without a full resort.

Back
Top Bottom