Mayumi resort

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

thanks for the review hanna. saw mayumi last weekend on the way to a dive.

basing on your review i think i'll be visiting mayumi to try it out myself.

do you their contact info? pm please. thanks. :)

PM Sent.

I hope I did not bring your expectations up too high. (Daniel and Norman now has their work cut out for them... Hihihihi). The resort is good, no doubt. But I would suggest that you do not compare to Amanpulo directly and instead go there with a clean slate and allow yourself to be pleasantly surprised (or compare to other resorts in Anilao only).

PM Sent.

I hope I did not bring your expectations up too high. (Daniel and Norman now has their work cut out for them... Hihihihi). The resort is good, no doubt. But I would suggest that you do not compare to Amanpulo directly and instead go there with a clean slate and allow yourself to be pleasantly surprised (or compare to other resorts in Anilao only).

based on you review this is a place my wife will like. nice & quiet time with the kids. bonus would be diving. :)

@caloy: stand clear!

@hanna: do they have massage services? :D

I am sure your wife will like it. I like it and my kids enjoy the place as well... especially when Daniel's son is there. Be sure to ask Norman to take your kids fishing or boating with Mang Boy.

I don't think they have in-house massage service but I availed of a massage once there... Norman called Tre Spa (a few resorts down the shoreline) to send a couple of masseuse over. It was ok. Nothing great. Masseuse had nice uniforms. A bit expensive for me (as I did not enjoy it as much) as I am used to paying 250/hr for home service in Manila with my 'Suki". If the massage was great then price would have been ok (800 I think). But then again maybe it was just that specific masseuse that I got. Other people that got massages that day(from Tre Spa) seem to have enjoyed it.

Would I recommend it...... hmmmmmmmm. Maybe. I am undecided. Its (the hut) a perfect place to get a massage... it would have been great if I got a good masseuse.

Try it and see for yourself.

]per his email they'll be having wifi soon :D

Really?!?!?!?! Wow!!!!!!!!

Wait a minute... maybe that is not such a wow thing.... that means I can do work while I am there.... do I really want to work on a weekend...... hmmmmmmm.

Well....... WOWOWOW!!!! All the same. At least I can stream movies!

Food...... Hmmmmmm... put it this way.... the one "bad thing" about Mayumi is that I am sure I gain a few pounds after a weekend at Mayumi.... and to think that I am not an "eater". But the food there is just so good that I feel like I am in some nice resto in Makati instead of being in Anilao. I love their fruit shakes!!!

Food is really great there... i remember, we had thai for lunch, pizza for snacks, italian/korean for dinner (with Flambé for dessert!!!), and tons of yummy stuff on breakfast (i enjoyed the healthy mix of filipino dishes, yogurt, omelette station, salad, milk and cereals, ugh!) then we had a pasta station right before we left the resort!

Oh. I hope they iron out their diving facility soon. Not that is a problem now. But I suspect it will be in the future if more and more people come and stay at Mayumi. I hope Daniel skipped my above post but is reading this.

But I feel that Norman the manager has done a good job so far of dealing with their handicap of having no in house dive facilities. I personally did not notice that they did not have a dive facility, not until Daniel mentioned it to me.

Yeah the tanks at 200-250 is a bit more ... but the food and the place more than makes up for it! :)

It certainly, works for dive pros who bring in groups there.

...especially when Daniel's son is there.

yeah, Umi is a very cute little red-headed boy....he looks like Dennis the menace with his hair cut.

Here are some of the photos (not mine, but one of the divers i took there) during our dive trip there last month.

entrapment - 04.05.08 mayumi

Jonix, your wife and kids would enjoy it there...it's not a big place. but it's very cozy and homey :)

Hi hanna and welcome! Please take a couple of minutes to fill out your profile so we can get to know you better.

Thanks hanna. Do you work in the dive industry?

No I don't. I wish I did as I see a lot of potential in Anilao. But this is not my competency. I work in the manufacturing business. I guess you are asking because of my comments about the rates in Anilao in another thread. Those are just my opinions about the business side of Anilao. I can't help looking at the business side of things since I run my own business as well. This is what I would do if I were in the tourism business. Maybe you should start a new thread about your questions about me. We should not hijack this thread.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom