May we start May?...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks! I went ahead and booked it but I will look into this and see if its alot cheaper and if it is worth cancelling and rescheduling it! Thanks!!

I just got back last week, but i don't feel normal unless i got my next trip planned

Diverokc May 26th-june 2nd hotel cozumel diving with dive paradise :D

Will update the list when we get a couple more folks to pipe in...

Hi, I'm new to these boards but I will be in Cozumel from May 25 - 30 at FA :)

I'm also traveling alone and as a young female am slightly concerned about safety particularly in light of reports such as the one referenced below.... Any tips anyone? My only goals for this vacation, which is to be a quiet respite after a long year, are diving, bit of shopping/tourism, Bob Marley Bar, and tequila factory. Never been one for the party scene or other nightlife...

Royal Caribbean Smears Crime Victim & Gets Cozumel Rape Lawsuit Thrown Out Before Trial : Cruise Law News

Add it!!!! Nashwl May 29-June 5, Hogtown Motel/Pappa Hogs!

Blue, its been a few years, but I have never felt worried while in Cozumel. I am also a 6' foot guy, but still. I would recommend maybe PM Christi, who lives and works on the Island if you would want a woman's prospective on tips while in Cozumel. She is very active on these boards.

Divingblueberies- As long as you atay aware of your surroundings , just like you do at home you will be fine. I travel alone and never am alone it seems like when in cozumel. You meet so many people diving and at the resort that if you want people to hang out with someone always seems to be around. I have met so many freinds from all over the world in cozumel and always had a great time. Maybe i will see you at rasta's -enjoy

Welcome to the SB & the Coz family.

Cozumel is very safe compared to many places, (including a lot of places in the U.S.). I personally know several women who have moved down to Coz on their own.

Just use common sense; don't go off the tourist area alone at night, be aware of your surroundings, don't be TOO trusting...typical stuff.

FA, should be a good place for you to relax and chill out. People are usually very friendly when on the island, I would imagine you will be able to meet some other folks on vacation to hang with, if you want to as well.

Picked a dive op yet?

---------- Post added March 19th, 2013 at 10:06 AM ----------

Da' Updated list...

Pelagicsal – Jan 12 – May 25 (just sick!) – Seaside Bungalow South –Aldora Divers

Cobra269 – Apr. 20-May9 - Residencias Reef Condos, Dive withMartin

Clevie – May 4–11 – Casa del Mar – Dive with Martin

Ggunn (& the thundering herd) – May 4 – 15 – Blue AngelResort – Blue Angel dive op

Scubatree – May 5–13 – Hotel Cozumel – nodive info, but fishing in tournament

Amoses - May 6-12 - Residencias Reef Condos - Dive withMartin

Yaml – May 16-25 – Fiesta Americana – Living Underwater

Vannsbtch – May 16–23 – Occidental Grand – Dive Palancar

Sharky60 – May 17-27 – Blue Angel Resort (Casa Sharky) –Blue Angel dive op

Mcdougal – May 18-25 – Villa Princesa – no dive op given

Captnpat – May 18-23 – Sabor/Sunscape - ScubaByAlison

BrewingDiver – May 18–26 - Blue Angel Resort – Blue Angeldive op

Tranetech – May 23–30 – Park Royal – no dive op given

Iluvcozumel – May 25-June 1 – Hotel Cozumel – BlueXTSea orAldora

Chs8084 – May 25-June 1 – Park Royal – Living Underwater

PhilaDallas – May 23-30 – Secrets Aura – Dive Palancar

Divingblueberries – May 25-30 – Fiesta Americana – No diveop given

diverokc - May 26-June 2 - Hotel Cozumel - Dive Paradise

Nashwl – May 29 – June 5 – Hogtown Motel – Pappa Hogs

Thanks for the advice everyone! I feel better. Re dive ops, any recommendations? I hear okay things about Dive With Martin. FA is now affiliated with a dive op named "Dive House."

Any recommendations?

Cheers!

Welcome to the SB & the Coz family.

Cozumel is very safe compared to many places, (including a lot of places in the U.S.). I personally know several women who have moved down to Coz on their own.

Just use common sense; don't go off the tourist area alone at night, be aware of your surroundings, don't be TOO trusting...typical stuff.

FA, should be a good place for you to relax and chill out. People are usually very friendly when on the island, I would imagine you will be able to meet some other folks on vacation to hang with, if you want to as well.

Picked a dive op yet?

Back
Top Bottom