Masks for Photographers

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Wolverine

Contributor
Reaction score
I didn't know where to post this but since it is directed at U/W photographers, I figured it will be better answered here. I am looking for a mask for photographers using DSLRs. I currently have the Mares X-vision but realise that I do have significant problems seeing the viewfinder properly. I know this is a usual problem for DSLR users without an extended viewfinder. I was wondering what masks you use and why?

PS. Black skirts are a given.. :)

Tim you knucklehead, I had an extra Oceanic Shadow frameless with me on our Palau trip. Nice mask. Larry's bought my Atomic frameless which is a great mask as well but just doesn't seal well on my face.

If you want, you can borrow the back up Shadow over your Easter trip to Anilao.

I still use my trusty, ancient Tusa Liberator - I just haven't found anything else that works as well with a housing.

I have some new models from various companies on the shelf now and will be trying things out again if I ever find time to hit the water again!

alcina:
I still use my trusty, ancient Tusa Liberator - I just haven't found anything else that works as well with a housing.

I have some new models from various companies on the shelf now and will be trying things out again if I ever find time to hit the water again!

I had one of those but it leaked, it separated between the top of the glass and the skirt.....now I have a Big Eye, the liberator was a little better.

Try the Hydrooptix 4.5. It is fantastic for photography.

Cressi sub Big eyes mask......
Absolutely love it, fits quite well, supple skirting on the side, great field of view, low volume, et cetera.

All you could want in a mask and fairly cheap too!

m_2286.gif

pakman:
Tim you knucklehead, I had an extra Oceanic Shadow frameless with me on our Palau trip. Nice mask. Larry's bought my Atomic frameless which is a great mask as well but just doesn't seal well on my face.

If you want, you can borrow the back up Shadow over your Easter trip to Anilao.

I did try it but it was a little small on my face..:mooner: I am fatter than you....

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom