Mask still fogging up

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Don't care, keep your spit on your mask and out of the bucket. I don't wish to share spit with you or anyone but my wife, thanks.

You must have missed the part where I burn my masks. That way I do not need to use spit or anything else but a bit of defog. My comment was an aside about phobias. As to who you share spit with, I do not care. And, keep your mask out of the camera rinse tank. I have seen the spit phobic divers sneak a rinse in the camera tank.

I usually leave the defog in the mask and rinse it once in the water.

Defogs do not remove the oils and silicones that cause the fogging, they simply 'mask' the cause. Only a clean glass will give a fog free dive reliably. Burning works best for me.

N

I ordered a couple of these just to try.. DONT JUDGE.. LOL

Wide-i Fog Wiper Review - YouTube

Let us know how they work :). I have used similar magnets on an aquarium before.

Every time someone try's to help you by pulling the thing stuck to your mask off, it is going to be uncomfortable.

That's what I do. Undiluted. Add some water, rub and wash, rinse. I've also seen quite a lot of people use dish soap, but I can imagine that it would burn in your eyes if you got any in them.

Moi aussi. Had a (mild) chemical burn from Sea Drops (insufficient rinse and some leakage issues) and so switched to baby shampoo. Cheap and effective.

My instructor told me years ago to use old fashioned Ajax or Comet.....the powder kind. I put some in and added a few drops of water to form a paste. Scrubbed until my finger hurt and it was squeaky clean. Worked perfect!

My instructor told me years ago to use old fashioned Ajax or Comet.....the powder kind. I put some in and added a few drops of water to form a paste. Scrubbed until my finger hurt and it was squeaky clean. Worked perfect!
this works the best nonscoring cleanser only do once a year

My Mask used to fog.

I burned the lenses with a gas lighter see how here --> Mask De-Fog Lighter Trick - YouTube
Then a thorough clean - white toothpaste followed by dishwashing liquid (Dish soap)
Aim for that 'squeaky clean' feel on the glass.

Now all I need is a little touch of diluted baby shampoo pre dive followed by a token rinse in sea water for no more fogging.
I occasionally give a good wash with dishwashing liquid - as required.

Back
Top Bottom