Permanent solution to fogging on the Scuba Masks involving Nanotechnology

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Darix2030

New
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Google Form for Nanotechnological Fogless Scuba Diving Mask:
Dive Clear and Confident: Advanced Fogless Mask Survey

Thank you for participating in our survey! We are excited to explore a revolutionary solution to fogging on scuba masks using cutting-edge nanotechnology. Your input will help us determine if this permanent fix would enhance the diving experience for the entire community. Thank you for sharing your valuable insights!

Thanks for all those participating.

Regards

Dario A Viana
CEO
VMI Consulting

My favorite question

6. Willingness to Pay for Fogless Technology: How much value would you place on having crystal-clear vision during every dive with our advanced, permanent anti-fog scuba mask technology?

200 EUR

300 EUR

350 EUR

>>

I always get a kick out of these probing questions from the target population which are clearly designed to determine how much their pockets can be emptied.

I'll stick with burning it and using toothpaste with magic eraser as needed.

1.jpg

Either of those plus a toothbrush. Fingers put oil, sunscreen, etc on the glass that adds to fogging.

Jeopardy category. Mask fogging solutions.

I'll take Mask fogging solutions for $500, Alex.

Answer. A zero cost solution to mask fogging.

What is scrubbing the mask with toothpaste using a toothbrush for 5 minutes?

No offense, but this strikes me as a Rube Goldberg materials technology response to an insignificant problem -- and oddly reminded me of those HydroOptix masks from the 1990s (below right), which required that an end-user obtain myopic contact lenses, if not sufficiently near-sighted -- and goggles to recorrect for it while on land -- all to supply some supposedly wider, "cinematic" field of view, closer to the refractive index of water, it was claimed (for which they, heh, heh, also provided a chemical defogger).

In over four decades in the drink, fogging has rarely posed any problem that spit ("loogie-tech") or even flooding a mask for a few seconds had not been able to solve; and my full face masks were already provided with a highly-effective nanotech-free, stupid-simple anti-fog adhesive film which, in combination with ample ventilation and an integral defroster, never fogged.

So . . .

"How much value would you place on having crystal-clear vision during every dive with our advanced, permanent anti-fog scuba mask technology?"

How 'bout US 14.95 for the Atmosphere Anti Fog Film?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2024-05-25 at 12.25.18 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2024-05-25 at 12.25.18 PM.png
    49.9 KB · Views: 30
  • Screen Shot 2024-05-25 at 2.23.41 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2024-05-25 at 2.23.41 PM.png
    625.1 KB · Views: 25
https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom