Mares new limited edition

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dear Limited Edition friends,

Thanks for your notes and your comments.
The beautiful things in life that we can agree or disagree.
We totally do not agree on the Limited Edition.
I believe it is new and it is special.. you don't.
So, dear LE firends do not buy it, I do not force you. You can continue to buy other Mares product (like quattro, Abyss ect) without be so tough on the Limited Edition. Have the new Quattro Excel at 250 dollars for you could be a problem..... but maybe for others is cool and it is nice to have a product that will ever never done in the same way anymore. You seems to be a diver more focus on old stuff that has to work forever, I garantee you that other people are focus on new advanced product.
I lived in the US when the first DVD player was sold. For years only the cool people bought it, it was more expensive than VHS but it was new and different.....I bought it.....I remember how many people said it was not relevant to change and the VHS was still very good ect....now in the USA VHS is not sold anymore. The DVD player use to cost more than a 400 dollars and now cost 100 dollars.....based on what you are writing you are a VHS people and you will buy the DVD when is at 100 dollar. It is fine for me but it does not mean you are right. A lot of other people are like me, they want to be unique, different and having the DVD before anyone else and trying.....

I honestly do not like your arrongant approach. The Limited Edition line of product is cool, tech, different, unique in number of pieces and coul be personalize.

Please tell me any other brand in the world that could do a fin like the Avanti Quattro Excel (do you know how much does it cost yo do a fin like that one ???). I garantee you that none is able to do it just because only few of them have the economical critical mass that we have to invest in the research need to develop this type of fin.

Please, name a another Brand in the world that is able to do a METAL regulators so small and functional like the Metal Tech ? ( Do you know how much money and research is behind this product ? )

..Please tell me another brand in the world that as the same BCV system like us (pneumatic) ? Maybe it is easier to ask you to mention the name of the brands that have copied this system ?

So, dear friends, Mares is a brand that is trying to move on this business, we have done a new marketing campaign, a new product that have years of research behind and it is unique despite whatever you are saying. It is up to you to decide if you want to have this product and to be the first to have it or to wait when it will be done (not equal like this one) more economically.

It is up to you to decide if you want to be a DVD fun in the early 90s or in the 2005. It is nothing bad, this is what most people are.....but please do not be too negative to one of few Brands that is trying to move the niddle ahead, that is investing on research and technology. Trust me it is much easier to copy and not be innovative, it is much easier to copy a fin and cut 2 dollars from the retail price. It is much more difficult to design, studying , developing, testing etc....a new product from the beginning.

Thanks again from you messages, I hope you will not be upset to me after this message, I really like any consumers that buy any of my product but I do not like when people are judging withouth seeing the full picture.

Thanks

Stefano

As a reminder, although you may disagree with Stefano, this is an opportunity for you to give the president of a major manufacturer your feedback which they may actually by incorporated into their own future designs or even used for internal feedback by Mares. By responding with the same respectful manner we see throughout these forums you are helping to insure this unique opportunity does not end up wasted. No matter what your stance everyone can take advantage of this opportunity and I encourage you all to do so. I've already seen a ton of good come out of this thread just by reading the different opinions of the line since it launched and I'd like to see that continue, if only for my own education :wink: Thanks everyone.

longimanus:
The 4 shoulder D-rings comment? just a smart *** sarcasm:
LE BC = Morphos Pro - 1 useful D-ring + 4 useless shoulder D-rings + $250 that went into poor marketing. Ohh, and I almost forgot the best part: the numbered metal tag.

Dear Longimanus are you a competitor ? Strange just 4 message from you in the forum only on the limited edition just after the launch. Please as you have my name do you mind to give me your full name as well ?

Thanks

stefano di martino:
Dear Longimanus are you a competitor ? Strange just 4 message from you in the forum only on the limited edition just after the launch. Please as you have my name do you mind to give me your full name as well ?

Thanks
Dear Stefano,
YOU HAVE my full name, address, e-mail, and phone number as well. Why have I never heard from you after the PM I sent you a couple of weeks ago?

Concerning the Limited Edition Regulator: Since you are only producing a limited number of units, is it fair to assume that you will also produce a VERY limited number of overhaul kits for this regulator? If I were to purchase one of these "super small" regs, would I be able to get an overhaul kit in two years? in five years?

What is the big attraction to it being "small"? My APEKS reg is fairly small, but that's not why I bought it. I'm hanging lead all over myself anyway, my reg being tiny is not an issue. The PERFORMANCE in deep, cold water is what I'm looking for, along with a overhaul kit.
Steve Sullivan

I cannot believe that he compared this LE to DVD technology! When DVD was introduced, it was, in all aspects, REVOLUTIONARY technology. It caused many people to stop using VCR technology. It spurred new industries.

LE isn't going to do any of that.

detroit diver:
I cannot believe that he compared this LE to DVD technology! When DVD was introduced, it was, in all aspects, REVOLUTIONARY technology. It caused many people to stop using VCR technology. It spurred new industries.

LE isn't going to do any of that.
I saw that too, but I didn't have time to comment.

It's one thing when a company exaggerates or stretches the truth about a product to make it appear more desirable than it really is, or to drum up publicity.

It's another thing to outright lie, and, IMHO, that's exactly what happened in this thread. Several posters called the products what they were - cosmetic changes with a hefty price tag - and the Mares CEO and some sock puppets (who pulled those strings I don't know) told us how wrong we were. The products would revolutionize diving.

What bunk. I think this whole thread should just die.

Stefano - let me approach this in a constructive manner.

I don't think people are upset with the products themselves. I think as the President of Mares, you should be keenly aware that you have upset people as a result of your marketing.

Calling something revolutionary is 'marketing.' Choosing to limit production is 'marketing.' Let me assure you, Stefano - your marketing staff have failed you on this project.

As a result, it's now Monday morning and you've got a bunch of pissed off divers, some disappointed dive shops, and a bunch of people who now no longer trust Mares when it comes to product claims.

Stefano, your marketing staff have created a credibility shortage for your company. Why should a future customer believe claims on durability, utility or design when they were promised something 'revolutionary' in the past???

And on a side note - the creators of the DVD didn't attempt to limit production to the first 2000 people, did they?

Hello Everybody,
I use to read this forum without writing... but in this case i decided to write down my opinion since, it seems, it is different from many of you.

First of all, I'm sorry for Longimanus that waited for 3 hours in the cold... but I think one should know the opening hour of a shop before going there. And this is not fault of Mares or Mr. Di Martino! ;-)

Second, I like the new products. Maybe, they are not "revolutionary", but seems to be better than most of other brands products.

The regulator is very small and have 4 optimized LP, I think that is good for the routing of the hoses.

The fin is really cool; I use Mares Avanti Quattro (that are fantastic! And I hope you agree at least on this!) and i think these new fins are their evolution!

The Morphos jacket is, maybe, the least impressive product, but anyway it seems to be a good product.

I think that the real problem is that most of you are feared by new things to happen...

Good that Mares was so brave to try a new marketing campaign. Maybe the products are not perfect, but at least they try to do new things!!!

I think that we should them to understand WHAT we need and HOW.

Just complying is a fruitless tree!

LuTonto:
Hello Everybody,
I use to read this forum without writing... but in this case i decided to write down my opinion since, it seems, it is different from many of you.

First of all, I'm sorry for Longimanus that waited for 3 hours in the cold... but I think one should know the opening hour of a shop before going there. And this is not fault of Mares or Mr. Di Martino! ;-)

Second, I like the new products. Maybe, they are not "revolutionary", but seems to be better than most of other brands products.

The regulator is very small and have 4 optimized LP, I think that is good for the routing of the hoses.

The fin is really cool; I use Mares Avanti Quattro (that are fantastic! And I hope you agree at least on this!) and i think these new fins are their evolution!

The Morphos jacket is, maybe, the least impressive product, but anyway it seems to be a good product.

I think that the real problem is that most of you are feared by new things to happen...

Good that Mares was so brave to try a new marketing campaign. Maybe the products are not perfect, but at least they try to do new things!!!

I think that we should them to understand WHAT we need and HOW.

Just complying is a fruitless tree!

Welcome to the board LuTonto. You'll find lots of good info here. Thanks for sharing your opinion on your first posting here. steve

steve2281:
Welcome to the board LuTonto. You'll find lots of good info here. Thanks for sharing your opinion on your first posting here. steve

Yep. I know there are lots of good infos... I'm a regular reader.

But this time I think that ther's something wrong. :wink:

Bye

Back
Top Bottom