Mares Genius vs Perdix AI for rec dives (within NDL) only

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

OC Rec is the default:
PerdixOCRec.jpg

If you only have one transmitter and always dive with air, you'll only have to set it up once (very easy), and then it is just switching it on before each dive and off after a dive.

Oh... and changing the battery (also easy). It takes standard AA, rechargeable AA, or 3.7V rechargeable Lithium.

There's two different manuals, one for tech mode, one for rec mode.
Really? I thought the two were basic Perdix functionality and AI features. That's what I have.

We are not in agreement.

The first one you listed is for Nitrox operation only in Rec mode it does not cover air. I was not aware of this manual.

The second one covers both OC Rec, OC Tec, CC, Guage, etc. and all features of the Perdix excluding AI.

OK we'll have to disagree. The other manual barely covers OC mode apart from one small section.

The second manual is dedicated to OC mode.

From the manual

This manual only covers operation of the Shearwater Perdix in the Nitrox Recreational Mode (OC Rec).

The Shearwater Perdix also has modes for techincal diving with trimix and rebreather diving.
Please see the document Shearwater Perdix Operations Manual for instructions on these technical modes.

Besides, what is air other than EAN 21.

We are not in agreement.

The first one you listed is for Nitrox operation only in Rec mode it does not cover air. I was not aware of this manual.

The second one covers both OC Rec, OC Tec, CC, Guage, etc. and all features of the Perdix excluding AI.
You might want to actually read the manuals? The first one covers only the OC Rec mode and states that very specifically in section 2. It also absolutely covers air (Nitrox 21 as mentioned) as clearly stated in section 1.1:

"Up to 3 Nitrox gases (includes Air)"

Per pages 6 and 7, the second one he listed covers only technical modes for "Any combination of oxygen,
nitrogen, and helium (Air, Nitrox, Trimix)":

- Open Circuit Technical (OC Tec)
- Closed Circuit / Bail Out (CC/BO)
- Gauge

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom