"cheap"/rec AI DC?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

It is now quite clear to me that I will not follow the technical diver path, hence maybe the Perdix is overkill. I know Shearwater is top. I don't doubt it - I am just saying that they might be too much for my needs.
You want a Ratio iX3M 2Pro. They are every bit as good as a Shearwater. It has all the same features and more than a perdix, but it is a 3 gas computer. It only has Air, Nitrox and gauge modes.

Can't find them though anywhere in Europe (for preorder) to get a feeling of their european price.

No preorders, SP doesn't do that until they are actually shipping. SP doesn't mess around and take people's money if they don't have the final product in stock ready to ship.

The expected retail prices in the EMEA region are:
LUNA 2.0 (non-AI) is 460 Euro
LUNA 2.0 AIR INTEGRATED (transmitter not included) is 535Euro
LUNA 2.0 AIR INTEGRATED WITH SMART+ PRO (includes the latest version of the transmitter) is 779 Euro

is Scubapro using proprietary transmitters or the general ones shared by several other manufacturers ???
Using their own they have been using for a long time.

Does it have to be a wireless AI computer? There are some excellent computers that are AI but still connect directly to the 1st stage. That should be able to keep your cost down and possibly find a used one in Europe.

Reactions: OTF
You want a Ratio iX3M 2Pro. They are every bit as good as a Shearwater. It has all the same features and more than a perdix, but it is a 3 gas computer. It only has Air, Nitrox and gauge modes.
No custom GFs, only presets. No SurfGF. It looks like Ratio computers are very good. They don't have much exposure in the US yet, have never seen one. I've not heard about their service.

Does it have to be a wireless AI computer? There are some excellent computers that are AI but still connect directly to the 1st stage. That should be able to keep your cost down and possibly find a used one in Europe.
You’re suggesting a console?

Unclean! Unclean!

No custom GFs, only presets. No SurfGF. It looks like Ratio computers are very good. They don't have much exposure in the US yet, have never seen one. I've not heard about their service.
A buddy of mine dives a ratio. Not sure which model though. His only complaint I've heard is that he likes the Shearwater app and data plotting better. @scubamike21 any other thoughts on this?

I have considered iX3M 2 (and also the previous model that was on very good sale just before the release of the latest model few months ago).

Things that I don't like in Ratios:
- They don't have user replaceable batteries (neither the DC nor the transmitter) - yes this can be seen as an advantage (no risk of flooding the unit) , but without replaceable batteries the device has an expiration date
(although it might be as late as 10 years from now or so).
- No SurfGF info (after the recent discussion here in SB I have started appreciating this), and
- Together with the transmitter they cost 1000euros (650+350) which is more than what I can get the Perdix AI + 2 transmitters (second hand).

So far I would say this ranks #2 (with Perdix being the 1st). The purpose of this thread was to identify (if any) good (enough), cheaper alternatives.

Still going through all the info posted above.

Cheers

No preorders, SP doesn't do that until they are actually shipping. SP doesn't mess around and take people's money if they don't have the final product in stock ready to ship.

The expected retail prices in the EMEA region are:
LUNA 2.0 (non-AI) is 460 Euro
LUNA 2.0 AIR INTEGRATED (transmitter not included) is 535Euro
LUNA 2.0 AIR INTEGRATED WITH SMART+ PRO (includes the latest version of the transmitter) is 779 Euro
Thanks. Here are some links from European sites for preorder I just fount:
Still though, looking at it (and its' specs) I am not convinced.

The Tech+ upgrade has full Bühlmann with custom GF. Here is the reference for the conservatism settings in the Pro and Deep versions:
Scherm­afbeelding 2023-02-02 om 08.05.22.png

Back
Top Bottom