"cheap"/rec AI DC?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

As an update. Following the discussion here I decided to go for the perdix ai. Too bad, I was few hours late.
No worries. There is just one option less now albeit probably it was the best.
I had a look for the ratio iX3m 2. The dive computer seems to be available in several stores, but there seems to be a shortage of transmitters - I can't find them anywhere.
Anyway I decided to wait for now. Maybe another good second hand deal will emerge, maybe I'll see the SP Luna in action and start liking it (I doubt it), who knows.
Thanks for all the info anyway.

As an update. Following the discussion here I decided to go for the perdix ai. Too bad, I was few hours late.
I had a look for the ratio iX3m 2. The dive computer seems to be available in several stores, but there seems to be a shortage of transmitters - I can't find them anywhere.
Anyway I decided to wait for now. Maybe another good second hand deal will emerge, maybe I'll see the SP Luna in action and start liking it (I doubt it), who knows.
Transmitters are being produced as we speak (they told me, I have one on back order as well). Should be shipped within this month.

gidivestore.com has them and at a very good price.

so does divers-supply.com however a bit more expensive.

as a side note i ordered an item with GI divestore and after a month of waiting i never got the product. they were responsive with emails but still very annoying and i eventually just got a refund cuz i was tired of waiting.

if you want a ratio ix3m with a transmitter used in good condition i would be up for an offer. new ix3m 2 is $700 and transmitter $350 at divers supply so $1050 plus tax. i would consider around $800 including shipping. im not in a hurry to sell but if your interested let me know.

if you want a ratio ix3m with a transmitter used in good condition i would be up for an offer. new ix3m 2 is $700 and transmitter $350 at divers supply so $1050 plus tax. i would consider around $800 including shipping. im not in a hurry to sell but if your interested let me know.
Thanks for the offer. As you give prices in $ I assume you are located in US. Unfortunately I can't buy second hand items from outside EU (I live in Greece) as the local customs are a pain. They basically charge 24% VAT, import fees (it can be more or less whatever they like) plus a hefty admin fee even to second hand items making even very good offers not worth it. Thanks anyway.

there are no cheap alternatives unless if you find a used oceanic vt4 or atom for cheap, but they get to be a dice roll as they get older.

the plus side is they share a transmitter with shearwater so if you get it cheap enough, you aren't throwing away a lot of money

If I try to order from Ratio directly (ratio-computers.eu), they seem to charge me only € 15 for shipping... I am in the Netherlands.
Scherm­afbeelding 2023-02-07 om 20.30.59.png

I bought direct from Ratio'd website and they shipped very quickly to Australia. Their customer service is amazing.

While batteries are not user replaceable, they will last at least 2 weeks between charges, so have a lot of wiggle room for lost capacity as they age.

I'm sure ratio will do battery replacements into the future.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom