Setting up a Perdix 2 with AI

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Go to your LDS and see if you can verify your reg setup with a tank. I don't know of a single shop that wouldn't let you throw it on one of the numerous tanks laying around.
Just
It arrived! Looking good so far.

First head scratcher... using the elastic straps for my pretty thin wrists is leaving a ton of loose strap, like 7". Seems like that will be annoying and get in the way. Not sure about cutting the straps due to the elastic. Can I cut off excess and melt the ends with a lighter?
Just fold it all up nicely and bundle it with an elastic band. Ensure the band colour matches nicely with your gear. I chose blue and it coordinates well with my font colours and fins.

In a similar situation.... but a question for Perdix 2 users out there...

Just bought 2 Perdix 2/Swift combos for my wife and I. I "paired" them and wanted to make sure they were communicating/reading prior to in-water use, so when I took the regs to the LDS for servicing, just asked to use a tank and hooked up to verify. No problems with connection/"pairing," but with both reg sets, AI read 1320ish and both SP SPGs read just over 1100... has anyone seen this? I've read previous threads with Shearwater AI reading lower than SPGs, but haven't found higher. 200 psi difference seems a little high (30-40% of reserve). My instinct is that the Swift is more accurate, but does anyone have experience with this?

Thanks!

Just bought 2 Perdix 2/Swift combos for my wife and I. I "paired" them and wanted to make sure they were communicating/reading prior to in-water use, so when I took the regs to the LDS for servicing, just asked to use a tank and hooked up to verify. No problems with connection/"pairing," but with both reg sets, AI read 1320ish and both SP SPGs read just over 1100... has anyone seen this? I've read previous threads with Shearwater AI reading lower than SPGs, but haven't found higher. 200 psi difference seems a little high (30-40% of reserve). My instinct is that the Swift is more accurate, but does anyone have experience with this?

Thanks!
I'd trust the transmitter over the spg. Analog gages have a have a margin of error. With larger scale and smaller dials this margin increases. If both of your transmitters read similar pressures then I'd be more than happy with that #.

It arrived! Looking good so far.

First head scratcher... using the elastic straps for my pretty thin wrists is leaving a ton of loose strap, like 7". Seems like that will be annoying and get in the way. Not sure about cutting the straps due to the elastic. Can I cut off excess and melt the ends with a lighter?

I keep a shorter set of straps for wetsuit diving and a longer pair when diving dry. Cut and burn if you want, just know you’ll need a longer pair if you plan on diving dry.

Thanks!
I’d trust the transmitters over the SPG’s. Especially if both transmitters read the same pressure.

I'd trust the transmitter over the spg. Analog gages have a have a margin of error. With larger scale and smaller dials this margin increases. If both of your transmitters read similar pressures then I'd be more than happy with that #.

I’d trust the transmitters over the SPG’s. Especially if both transmitters read the same pressure.
Me too.

That’s exactly what I do. Just don’t trim it too short to allow for thicker exposure protection in the future. I leave around 1.5” extra but trim the rest. Melting with a lighter works perfectly fine.

Me too. FWIW from Shearwater on the Swift:
Pressure resolution0.14 bar / 2 psi

Me too. FWIW from Shearwater on the Swift:
Pressure resolution0.14 bar / 2 psi
Note that is not an expected measure of accuracy or their standard. That's the unit increment that the appliances show the readouts in.

Even with the Swifts and Perdii It is not uncommon to see variations: 2 Swifts on the same tank, two Perdii on opposing wrists... Usually within a few psi of each other, but there are times when I've seen bigger splits, though usually less than 26 psi. They almost always come back to within a couple PSI momentarily when I've observed bigger splits.

PWII. Not worth fussing over.

Back
Top Bottom