Mares Dive Computer Tech Assistance

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

No android though? I'd like to be able to view my log from any of my devices anywhere, anytime. Can it import from Diving Log 6.0 and/or Mares Dive Organizer?

There is a mobile application for andriod and apple cell phones. Search for Subsurface-mobile on the Play Store.
You can export your dive logs from Mares Dive Organizer to .uddf format and import into the subsurface application. The application also supports cloud storage that would allow you to view the log. Subsurface does support downloading directly from the Mares Icon dive computer. The project has an active mailing list and good support from the developers.

Hi,

After few dives and few days in aquapark my mares smart air constantly shows 9c temperature.
I don't have anything deeper now but 1.5m depth was not registered at all when I tried to push it to freedive mode.

Is it random or known problem?
Is there a friendly way to reset it and keep diving log data?

Hi,

After few dives and few days in aquapark my mares smart air constantly shows 9c temperature.
I don't have anything deeper now but 1.5m depth was not registered at all when I tried to push it to freedive mode.

Is it random or known problem?
Is there a friendly way to reset it and keep diving log data?

no depth information as well. it will go to warranty.

Hi all,
I am trying to pair my Icon HD net ready with my transmitter however I don't get paired or unsuccessful I get "timed out"... help

I found that pairing the Icon computer and transmitter was easiest when the air was BARELY (no pun intended) turned on. I do not know the physics behind it but I haven't had a failure since I discovered this!

I've got a 4 year old Mares Smart computer. replaced the battery recently and ever since it's been a bit of a basket case. It's giving me a "sensor error" (sometimes), yet I was able to at lest get it into free dive move and it would seemingly accurately give my my depth, time, temperature and such. So- muddled through my last two dives and kept it safe. (dive tables still work). it says "PrE" on the top row- as if it's in pre-dive mode, even when it isn't. and it says "no" over on the right- not sure what that means.

any way to give these things a hard reset? tried removing and replacing the battery a couple times- but no difference.

I've got a 4 year old Mares Smart computer. replaced the battery recently and ever since it's been a bit of a basket case. It's giving me a "sensor error" (sometimes), yet I was able to at lest get it into free dive move and it would seemingly accurately give my my depth, time, temperature and such. So- muddled through my last two dives and kept it safe. (dive tables still work). it says "PrE" on the top row- as if it's in pre-dive mode, even when it isn't. and it says "no" over on the right- not sure what that means.

any way to give these things a hard reset? tried removing and replacing the battery a couple times- but no difference.

Update: Took it to my local dive shop. they couldn't fix it. So- They sent it into Mares... and Mares sent me a new (probably refurbished) watch. No charge. great customer service Mares!

Glad we could be of service. FYI, likely was new. Lastly, please don't replace the batteries on your own. This was likely the cause of whatever issues you had. It is best that they are serviced either by Mares service center, or an authorized dealer that has been trained and certified by our Mares Lab program.

Glad it worked out for you though. Thanks and happy diving!

Glad we could be of service. FYI, likely was new. Lastly, please don't replace the batteries on your own. This was likely the cause of whatever issues you had. It is best that they are serviced either by Mares service center, or an authorized dealer that has been trained and certified by our Mares Lab program.

Glad it worked out for you though. Thanks and happy diving!

I appreciate the excellent service and your participation in these forums.

Replacing the battery *seems to be* incredibly easy. two screws. remove the back. replace battery (and o-ring). screw back back on. My watch was experiencing the issues prior to me diving with it- so, couldn't have been related to water leakage. What special techniques would have been needed? Perhaps I didn't ground myself, and somehow created an ESD (electrostatic discharge) issue to an unprotected area? the engineer in me has me curious. I could understand if the o-ring wasn't seated properly that might create leakage. but this seemed more like a firmware/software hiccup.

Back
Top Bottom