Mares Quad Computer Questions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Vibenz

Registered
Reaction score
Just acquired a new Mares Quad dive computer with PC link and I'm looking for some advice here, since Mares does not seem to offer any support.

... or if Mares does offer support, where do I find it?

Some questions:

1) After surfacing from a dive, the computer logs the "surface" swim to shore as a new dive. That could be as little as 53 seconds at a depth of 0-4 ft. Any way that can be changed?

2) When downloading the dive data to the PC, using Dive Organizer from Mares, to add more information to the log, such as location, buddy etc., I am able to delete the surface swims from the dive log. However, they remain in the dive computer. Is there a way that the edited data can be synced back to the dive computer?

If not, is there another way to delete the surface swims from the dive computer, or to combine them with the previous dive into one combined dive?

3) I am usually carrying 28 lbs of weights, but when entering that in the dive log, using the PC app, the app changes the number to 27. It seems impossible to make it accept the number 28 in the field. Strange! Seems to be bug in the app.

Back
Top Bottom