Mare Quad can't download to computer

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

raftingtigger

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I am super frustrated. I bought - and love - my Mares Quad - but sometimes it will download data to the laptop and most of the time it won't.

I have the Bluetooth clip, and that only works for the very simple and essentially useless phone app with SSI

I have the USB clip and that used to work. Now it doesn't. I am using the latest DiveOrganizer software. The last time I got it to work it was through updating the Quad firmware. Next time I tried to download my next dives absolutely no luck.

I have tried going through Mare support and they give me a ticket and never get back to me. That has happened 3 times.

What do I have to do to get a very simple function working on my less than a year old (more like 6 months) dive computer?

Are you trying to download wireless? I would not trust that to work especially well. I'd get a USB transfer cable. As a 40+ years programmer/analyst I find wireless connections less than wonderful for some applications. Any slight blip during communication throws everything out of sync and would crash the transfer.

I would also look closely at your laptop configuration. Computers are nothing if not consistant. If they are not, something is changing internally and is unseen/unnoticed. There are no ghosts.

Good luck....

Seeing I have an open Mares Support ticket from a Puck/PC/their software dating from well over 5 years ago, don't expect any help/support from them. I actually had a fellow SB'er who was in the computer/software field help me. I have ditched all Mares product except my Puck, and download directly to SubSurface to use it... When it dies, I will not have any interest in any future Mares product.

YMMV

Are you trying to download wireless? I would not trust that to work especially well. I'd get a USB transfer cable. As a 40+ years programmer/analyst I find wireless connections less than wonderful for some applications. Any slight blip during communication throws everything out of sync and would crash the transfer.

I would also look closely at your laptop configuration. Computers are nothing if not consistant. If they are not, something is changing internally and is unseen/unnoticed. There are no ghosts.

I am using the wired USB clip. Nothing that I know of has changed since I successfully download dives after updating the mares computer firmware.

I am beginning to think rhwestfall is correct. MARES does not support their products. I would like to be proved wrong.

I am using the wired USB clip. Nothing that I know of has changed since I successfully download dives after updating the mares computer firmware.

I am beginning to think rhwestfall is correct. MARES does not support their products. I would like to be proved wrong.

I've always gotten great support. Are you contacting Mares or Mares USA? Big difference.

My understanding is the quad is known to have connection issues with the usb clip. If every pin is not lined up exactly you can get these issues.

I am super frustrated. I bought - and love - my Mares Quad - but sometimes it will download data to the laptop and most of the time it won't.

I have the Bluetooth clip, and that only works for the very simple and essentially useless phone app with SSI

I have the USB clip and that used to work. Now it doesn't. I am using the latest DiveOrganizer software. The last time I got it to work it was through updating the Quad firmware. Next time I tried to download my next dives absolutely no luck.

I have tried going through Mare support and they give me a ticket and never get back to me. That has happened 3 times.

What do I have to do to get a very simple function working on my less than a year old (more like 6 months) dive computer?

The mares software is pure garbage. The only purpose I use it for is to update firmware. I use different software to connect my quad and quad air. I use the blue tooth adapter with my iPhone app called “dive log”. It’s a great piece of software. Then I use software on my desktop called “dive log 6.0” to sync my logs to my pc. It has several different methods you can use. I find “Wifi sync” the easiest.
Chances are it’s not your computer for adapter that has the issue, but the craptastic mares log software.

The mares software is pure garbage. The only purpose I use it for is to update firmware. I use different software to connect my quad and quad air. I use the blue tooth adapter with my iPhone app called “dive log”. It’s a great piece of software. Then I use software on my desktop called “dive log 6.0” to sync my logs to my pc. It has several different methods you can use. I find “Wifi sync” the easiest.
Chances are it’s not your computer for adapter that has the issue, but the craptastic mares log software.

I prefer Dive Log 6 and couldn't get it to work with that reliably. Sven has done his best to help me. Any suggestions are welcome. Just tried DiveLog 6 again and no luck.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom