Mares Dive Computer Tech Assistance

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hello everyone.

I had a question about the Mares Smart Air dive computer.

I bought this computer 3 weeks ago just before making a trip to egypt to dive. The computer worked great and had no problems at all. Whe i came back i wanted to import the dives from the computer in the mares software to log dives (mares dive organizer 2.22).
But when i put it in the USB port and in the watch and set it on pc mode REAdy. the red light will turn on so it is connected. but the software from mares says that the device is not supported!!

How is this possible and how can i make it happen that the computer will connect?
I have the smart air with firmware version 1.0182.

I hope someone can help me so the software will recognize the dive computer.

in the manual of the Mares Smart Air it says that it can be connected so that's why i tought that it should work. Also on the website of Mares when you go to the product page and look for the smart air there is also a link with downloads. the software is also standing there so i should think that it should work.

I realy hope that someone can and will help me with this one.

THNX

Remy van de Mortel
Same problem :(

Whenever my Mares Icon gives me a connection error I use the Factory Reset menu option.

"This option is provided in order to solve some rare cases of connection issues with the PC or Mac. To use it, choose "factory reset" under "settings/about Icon HD". This re-initializes the Icon HD (you don't lose any dives)."

Does the Smart AI have that option?

I have recently acquired a Quad Air and also a Bluetooth Dive Link. I can get the devices to talk to a the Mares smart phone application but it appears impossible with Window 10.

Does or has anyone used the new Bluetooth Dive Link and successfully synchronized any device with Dive Organizer.

I am a programmer/admin and have started to look into the issues, the small application "Bluetooth LE Lab" will speak with the Dive Link adapter so I know that the device is working. I believe, at least for the moment, that Mares have not successfully implemented the Bluetooth LE protocol into their Dive Organizer application, or if they have there must be a bit of Black Magic required to get it talking with the adapter.

What is actually required to get things running ? I have read the manuals, tried downloading other drivers but have not yet found any information that helps.

I have also tried on 2 different computers, a desktop with a BT Dongle and a laptop with inbuilt BT, both are running Windows 10 ( 64 bits) , version 1803 and 1809. Dive Organizer fails in both cases.

Would be glad to help debugging or providing any necessary logs.

9202697A-D01F-4C07-828D-54405F9BD4A8.jpeg
321A6F58-4F9B-4434-8D38-D8699F22B245.jpeg
9202697A-D01F-4C07-828D-54405F9BD4A8.jpeg
Hi i changes the battery for mares puck air with CR 2450 , but when I start it give me in the screen ( boot ) and nothing happens lik

what does boot mean in mares puk 3 screen ?

Hi everyone, Does anyone have advice for me? My Mares Icon HD black shows 100% charged when plugged into the charger but drops to 0% when unplugged from the charger. I sent the computer to our local distributor, they replaced the battery but the problem persists. The computer has the latest firmware installed already. Does anyone have any ideas as to what is wrong?

Hi,

I have a problem with my MARES Puck Pro. Indeed, wanting to perform an update of the firmware, go to version 3.20 to 4.00, I first had a "time-out" in the software "Dive Organizer 2.18" and then I had a power failure in my computer during this update :fail:.
However, Puck Pro was spent on "boot".
After removing the battery for more than one day, when I put the battery, Puck Pro always rekindled with the inscription "boot".
If I plug in the USB adapter, the red LED stays on and if I try to run an update, I get an error message saying "Unsuccessful Computer programming, thank you again"

I do not know what to do and I said an incident on the portal.

I am very annoyed because I have to leave in a little over two weeks and completed a certification I need a dive computer must.

Would anyone give me a solution for this problem on the Puck Pro?

Thanking you in advance, for your responses and your help, I wish you a good weekend.

Best Regards,

Did you get this issue fixed? I have the exact same problem

I have a Mares ICON HD Net Ready dive computer, been using it since I bought it off and on. I recently updated the firmware to the latest and did a freshwater dive yesterday. First dive all went well. I was reviewing the dive info after surfacing and let it sit for a while. I came back and it was beeping and a big message about MOD Exceeded (Max Operating Depth I assume?) It seemed to think it was diving at a depth of 492 feet while it was sitting on a picnic bench. This was at Dutch Springs in Bethlehem PA so no crazy altitude or anything. I had to open it and pull the battery to get it to stop, kep the battery out for hours to do that. Nothing else I could find to do would stop it. How could this happen? Is it a known bug? It was definitely in surface mode when I put it down. Our dive only went to 65 feet and 48 degrees temp at the lowest, about a 45 minute dive. I was upset because I couldn't use it for the second dive.

I have a Mares ICON HD Net Ready dive computer, been using it since I bought it off and on. I recently updated the firmware to the latest and did a freshwater dive yesterday. First dive all went well. I was reviewing the dive info after surfacing and let it sit for a while. I came back and it was beeping and a big message about MOD Exceeded (Max Operating Depth I assume?) It seemed to think it was diving at a depth of 492 feet while it was sitting on a picnic bench. This was at Dutch Springs in Bethlehem PA so no crazy altitude or anything. I had to open it and pull the battery to get it to stop, keep the battery out for hours to do that. Nothing else I could find to do would stop it. How could this happen? Is it a known bug? It was definitely in surface mode when I put it down. Our dive only went to 65 feet and 48 degrees temp at the lowest, about a 45 minute dive. I was upset because I couldn't use it for the second dive.

I dove my Mares ICON HD Net Ready again today (Aug 15) and it showed my air pressure but depth stayed at zero the whole dive, hence it didn't think it was underwater, and kept turning off. I had it in dive mode (showed my air pressure). How do I fix this, two ruined days of diving so far, and is anyone monitoring this forum anymore?

I have the same problem with my Mares Smart and their Divers Diary. Wondering if there is a compatible dive log software someone can recommend

If you're still looking for a good alternative, check out subsurface dive log software at the following link
Subsurface | An open source divelog.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom