March 15th Pt. Lobos Planning Thread

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I missed it...What are we bidding on??? Since I am boycotting EBAY right now due to their increased $$$ fees... Ill start my bid at a piece of gum and some pocket lint......

What kind of gum? How much pocket lint? Enough to spin a BC for Scuba GI Joe?

Its Dentene Ice and there is plenty of lint to spin a BCD for an entire platoon of GI Joes and maybe even a Barbie as long as she doesnt want a Designer BCD...

I have a reservation and I believe I offered my other spot to Mike G. I don't care where we go after - I'm sure I'll find something on the menu.

I'm planning on two dives.

NOTE to people who have not been to Pt Lobos before - there is no place for a tank fill, so bring enough air/tanks to cover as many dives as you want to do. Also, Bring your C-Card! They wont let you in the gate without it. And also they wont let you in the gate without your buddy being with you or in the car behind you. If your buddy is not there yet then you get to wait at the gate for 45 minutes for them to arrive. I'll usually bring a snack/small lunch to eat between dives. While the swim to the mouth of the cove is not long or difficult it can work up an appetite or make you tired if you're only used to falling out of the boat and dropping down.

See you on the 15th.

Nathan

I have a reservation and I believe I offered my other spot to Mike G. I don't care where we go after - I'm sure I'll find something on the menu.

I'm planning on two dives.

NOTE to people who have not been to Pt Lobos before - there is no place for a tank fill, so bring enough air/tanks to cover as many dives as you want to do. Also, Bring your C-Card! They wont let you in the gate without it. And also they wont let you in the gate without your buddy being with you or in the car behind you. If your buddy is not there yet then you get to wait at the gate for 45 minutes for them to arrive. I'll usually bring a snack/small lunch to eat between dives. While the swim to the mouth of the cove is not long or difficult it can work up an appetite or make you tired if you're only used to falling out of the boat and dropping down.

See you on the 15th.

Nathan

Hi all,

I'm looking forward to diving with Nathan on the 15th of March. I do hope that this day will be nicer than my last experience at lobos. It was my first visit and the area was nice but the visibility was terrible within the cove.

It was way to surgy for a deeper dive outside the cove. I can hardly wait to dive again, hoping to be better than before.

Can hardly wait to get my fins wet again... I'll see you soon, oh by the way my wife signed up for her OW cert, she begins in March... :)

MG

Sarah.

I am very sorry to be a kill-joy.....

But ** I ** feel you can not keep making the Nor-cal Scubaboard meet and greet meeting at Point Lobos.

I feel this is a bit of a mistake.

There are to many of us and we all want to join , but Lobos can only allow so very few, that many are left out and trying so hard to get in.

This is the very same problem we all had last time.

We did have a GREAT turn-out , 22 people in all.

But so many more wanted to join in on the **hey lets meet Nor-Cal** and where all left out do to they all still thought it was Lobos and they had no reservation.

My point made folks.:D

Sarah.

But ** I ** feel you can not keep making the Nor-cal Scubaboard meet and greet meeting at Point Lobos.

There are to many of us and we all want to join , but Lobos can only allow so very few, that many are left out and trying so hard to get in.

But so many more wanted to join in on the **hey lets meet Nor-Cal** and where all left out do to they all still thought it was Lobos and they had no reservation.

Oh Jeezus Jim. If I give you my extra spot, will you stop tugging at the heart strings?

I'll have you know, I'm sacrificing gum and a whole wardrobe for my Scuba GI Joe AND a Diva BCD for his hotty girlfriend. You owe me buddy.

Sarah.

Good morning all. One part of me says not to respond. But there are some valid points to Jim's posting, and so, I will. And since Jim publicly posted, so will I. But how?

Here's my gut reaction - Jim - you are right about somethings and you have some valid points. But at the same point, I don't keep making it anything. In fact, this is EXACTLY what makes me want to throw my hands up in the air and say "You know what - f___ it. I am not going to organize or even suggest anything ever again."

There, that's that. Jim, I acknowledge what are you saying and can understand why you or anyone else would be frustrated. But I also hope that you (or anyone else who knows me on here or in real life) should know me well enough to know that (a) I am a good person, (b) I don't pick somewhere willy-nilly and (c) It would never be my intention to exclude divers. I have always tried to work with group consensus to find a date and site that works for everyone, that takes into consideration the varying skills of the divers who want to be involved (newer v. technical divers), etc. etc. etc. NO plan will ever be perfect for every single person. It is simply not possible.

The 3/15 date at Lobos resulted from the inability to get even a few reservations in January, resulting in some of us losing the reservations we did have. No biggie. I am glad that the NorCal-people got to use them. But – the 3/15 date came out WAY in advance of the Lobos Calendar being open and so those people who wanted to make it – knew what to expect and knew when they needed to make their reservations. Yes, it is luck of the draw, but I can’t control that.

To those divers who did not get a reservation – I am very sorry. If we can’t manage to get you in – please read the posts and see who else does not have a reservation, contact them and see if they want to dive another site.

I am NOT making anything. I am simply being the messenger. It is really saddening to me to start my day having to defend myself, my actions, - when I have simply been trying to help people have fun, make new friends and dive buddies.

So, for right now, I am giving up on organizing these things. I have too much going on in my OWN life to deal with it, so someone else can take the reigns if you want. Sorry it came to this, but I just didn’t really need to be called to the carpet.

Sarah

Sarah,
I'm sure I can speak for many of us on the board that your organization of these events is VERY much appreciated. The past events would not have happened and most of us would still be only cyber friends if it wasn't for you stepping up and gettings these MAGs started.

We were all aware of the need to get reservations far in advance for this one and you made sure to remind everyone multiple times, so it is not your responsibility that some did not make it.

I really hope the opinion of one person doesn't change your feelings about these events because I think they're an awesome way to make new friends and dive buddies and you're so good at making it all happen.

THANKS FOR ALL YOUR EFFORTS!!

Thanks Michelle. I pulled over at Vista Point in Marin to watch the sunrise and respond.

sunrise_022708.JPG

This isn't about being thanked. I just don't want to be called on something when I am just trying to do a good thing. But since it was brought up publicly, I felt obligated to answer in kind.

PS: And Jim - you know I still have oodles of respect and :heart: for you. :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom