March 15th Pt. Lobos Planning Thread

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

sarita75

Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Since the date looms on the horizon, here's my attempt to plan the 3/15 Pt. Lobos Meet & Greet! :)

Participants!?!

We need to get a handle on the people that are coming, need buddies, want to come (with no reservation, etc.)

Who's Coming? The only teams that I know are: DocWong + buddy, myself and Michelle, MsBrew + ProDiver_CA.

Who has a reservation, but no buddy?

Who wants to come but has no reservation?

Does anyone have a reservation that they don't need?

Days Events

Diving: Park opens at 9 AM. Lets plan to be there around that time. First dive entry at about 10:30 AM. Doc Wong wants to get an underwater photo with everyone in it so we'll try to do that on the first dive. Doc Wong will be leading the first time, but the site will be dependant upon the weather, conditions, and the skill level of the divers involved. So, a site determination will be made that morning.

Potluck Lunch: Do people want to do a potluck lunch or just bring your own?​

Post Dive Dinner @ Gianni's: For those hungry diversafter the day's events, we'll be meeting at Gianni's Pizza at around 4 PM to 4:30PM.
(725 Lighthouse Avenue, Monterey: gianni's loc: Monterey, CA - Google Maps).​

As this gets hashed out - I will update this entry. So please check back. :)

Thanks,
Sarah​

As for whos coming and who has reservations etc. look at the poll I started last month. I see 3 divers who want to come with no reservations, and 9 teams so far (I know the poll says 10 but both members of my team participated). So If you have a reservation and can help out a buddy, please post on the poll and PM one of the members who needs a buddy.

Poll results so far:

Complete teams; Dhammer, DocWong, Hinalo, Msbrew, Peter C, rhlee, ryssyr, Sarita75

Reservations with no buddy; 0

Divers wanting to fill a buddy slot; alphonsis, Jon M, Mike Guerro

After the dive I am leaning towards Gianni's.

Gianni's is fine with me for after diving dinner and I'm fine with bringing my own lunch for between dives.

Gianni's is fine for me. Anyone else?

i'm signed up for the 15th. I may not have a buddy. I have never been to pt. lobos, I expect we are bringing all equipment and tanks, but how many dives are planned for that day, how long etc?

There is probably only time for 2 dives - whether or not you do one or both (or any) is up to you. Bring all the equipment that you will need. :)

:bananalama: Yeah! Michelle's back! :bananalama:

Awww, thanks Sarah!!
Fiji was great but it is nice to be back home. :D

9 teams so far (I know the poll says 10 but both members of my team participated).

There are actually 8 teams because Sarah and I are buddies and we both participated in the poll too.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom