March 15th Pt. Lobos Planning Thread

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

You wanted to come home or are glad to be home from Fiji??? WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU???? HAHAHA

I never wanted to come home... I wanted to stay on the lil island and eat coconuts and drink rum all day/everyday...

Anywho.. I wish I could come to the 15th MnG but I will already be in Monterey doing my Tec1 Dives and wont beable to join ya for the dives...

But I could meet up with yall at Gianni's cuz I would like to meet yalls....

Just let me know what time and if ya want me...

i'm signed up for the 15th. I may not have a buddy. I have never been to pt. lobos, I expect we are bringing all equipment and tanks, but how many dives are planned for that day, how long etc?

For those who have never been to Lobos, I recommend visiting here Point Lobos State Reserve - Scuba

There are no dive shops, or fill stations here. Bring all your gear and enough tanks to support your days diving.

How many dives? 2
How long? depends on you and your buddies SAC rate.:wink:
etc.? thats pretty broad don't you think? Were going to Gianni's afterwards for some Pizza and dive stories.

Anywho.. I wish I could come to the 15th MnG but I will already be in Monterey doing my Tec1 Dives and wont beable to join ya for the dives...But I could meet up with yall at Gianni's cuz I would like to meet yalls....

If we want you .... let us discuss it amongst ourselves. :devil:

Buahahah! Just kidding. OF COURSE! Come on. I would assume we'd be there around 4 or 4:30. Hope you can make it!

There are actually 8 teams because Sarah and I are buddies and we both participated in the poll too.
What! no Mark?! He get too cold to dive with us?:no

Ok I edited the results in this post to reflect that. I thought we had more than 8 teams registered. Come on guys help sarah keep track and respond to the poll!

I'll be bringing a boat. If it's my inflatable, I'm more than willing to shuttle some people out for one way dives (that is, I'll drop you and your buddy off and you swim back to the ramp). If I bring a bigger boat, we'll probably take a diver or two under our wing and show them the good spots.

I have two reservations (4 people). There's a chance I'll have a spot for ONE diver. I'll post when I know for sure.

Bring ALL of your gear if you rent. There are no diving facilities at or near Point Lobos. There is drinking water and bathrooms. No open fires though. There are a couple of hoses to rinse yourself and your gear.

You wanted to come home or are glad to be home from Fiji??? WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU???? HAHAHA

I never wanted to come home... I wanted to stay on the lil island and eat coconuts and drink rum all day/everyday...

Anywho.. I wish I could come to the 15th MnG but I will already be in Monterey doing my Tec1 Dives and wont beable to join ya for the dives...

But I could meet up with yall at Gianni's cuz I would like to meet yalls....

Oh no, let me clarify...I did NOT want to leave Fiji at all!! I was almost in tears when we had to get on the boat to leave our lil island. I could definitely see myself staying and just eating cocunuts and drinking rum all day too. I stayed in LA for an extra day on the way back and that made me really happy to be home last night.

I hope you can make it to dinner after the MAG. It will be nice to meet you and share our Fiji experiences. :D

Sarah

I am still wanting to go but have no reservation and the hang -up is if I and up with students I will have to bail and teach a rescue class, But as of this time there are no students signed up for the class!!

Sarah

I am still wanting to go but have no reservation and the hang -up is if I and up with students I will have to bail and teach a rescue class, But as of this time there are no students signed up for the class!!

In that case, I'll sell the spot to the highest bidder! :eyebrow:

Just kiddin' of course. I'll know more by the end of the week.

I missed it...What are we bidding on??? Since I am boycotting EBAY right now due to their increased $$$ fees... Ill start my bid at a piece of gum and some pocket lint......

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom