March 15th Pt. Lobos Planning Thread

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

That'd be great. Like with the BW's Metridium Field - some visual indicators to line up before descending would be awesome. Coordinates within the cove are relatively easy but determining how far to swim out from the boat ramp is what would make it tricky.

:rofl3:

There's not really any good lineups that I can think of. There is an adequate lineup for the worm mound in the sand channel though.

If you swim out (finding the sand channel will be much easier in a month with more kelp growth) and line up with the first big rock sticking out of the water, you should be right over the worm mound. It is in ~24 to 29 feet of water.

Drop there (or anywhere in the sand channel really) and swim over to the Middle Reef structure. From there, head North along the structure cruising at ~30 feet. When you're in the right area, there is a vertical fissure in the rock and the sand is ~40 feet. At the top of the fissure, almost at a down angle is a softball sized hole with an empty scallop shell in it.

That is Itchy and Scratchy's hole.

I didn't do so well finding it Saturday for Doc, but I know where to find it now that I've had my memory refreshed.

Hole with an empty scallop shell? Interesting land(water)mark. I would love a visual "play-by-play" to find them if anyone is ever out there and looking for a project. :D I don't dive Lobos enough to know.

Speaking of kelp, I was pretty impressed at the amount of it that was beginning to grow. Looking forward to more of it soon!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom