Maliko Gulch on Maui

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

schlackerrat

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
My kids and I are returning to Maui the last two weeks on May this spring. We've done alot of shore dive south of Kihea and a few up north of Lahinia. But the surf conditions over X-Mas and into Jan. never allowed (or we where brave enough) to try anything over to the north.
Can anybody give me ideas of other locations like Maliko Gulch? Or tell me what the conditions during our May visit might be like around Maliko Gulch?
I found this website that got me thinking on this site; North Shore Dive Sites
Any information would be great, thanks in advance!

I often stop at Maliko Gulch when showing visitors around the island, but have never snorkled or dove there. It's a nice little hidden cove / unimproved boat launch area.

The bay itself is very well protected, but it looked awful shallow to be trying to swim there, and enough river rocks that it would be awkward to walk out.

A good website on diving conditions is Hawaii Weather Today » Dive and Snorkel Reports

And of course, you can always listen to the surf report to find out the size of swells on the north shore.

Back
Top Bottom