M/Y Seven Seas for June 2 Weeks trip.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I understand that the boat has recently been sold to Emperor so past feedback may not apply

I understand that the boat has recently been sold to Emperor so past feedback may not apply
How recently? We were still dealing with the German Seven Seas company in May.

How recently? We were still dealing with the German Seven Seas company in May.
They annouced it a few days ago, although had been promoting trips on the boat for the past month or so.

Thanks for writing up about your trip. Always good to hear other people's experiences.

I don't know the Emperor operation, but this may be an improvement as dealing directly with Seven Seas was a bit of a hassle getting payment confirmations (i.e. we had to ask repeatedly by email). We speculated things might have been smoother for people within the EU payment system. People who booked via PADI had (different) issues of not being aware of substantial port fees until arrival. I'm not sure who to fault for that.

I don't know the Emperor operation, but this may be an improvement as dealing directly with Seven Seas was a bit of a hassle getting payment confirmations (i.e. we had to ask repeatedly by email). We speculated things might have been smoother for people within the EU payment system. People who booked via PADI had (different) issues of not being aware of substantial port fees until arrival. I'm not sure who to fault for that.
Many Red Sea liveaboard operators are notorious for their lack of transparency regarding extra costs payable on site: port fees, marine park fees, fuel surcharge, etc. They can get pretty "creative" about it. In contrast, Emperor are dead clear about what the price includes and what it doesn't. And, while I haven't used them myself, I have made enquiries with them in the past and they've always been very prompt.
Of course, your mileage may vary, etc, etc.

I dived with Emperor several times and they are top notch in terms of communication

Many Red Sea liveaboard operators are notorious for their lack of transparency regarding extra costs payable on site: port fees, marine park fees, fuel surcharge, etc.
To be (extra?) clear, this was not a problem for us when dealing directly with Seven-Seas.

I am about to book the Liveaboard 7 seas for their special 2 week trip out of Marsa Alam in June 23

There has not been a lot reviews but it seems like it is a German owned boat if I am not mistaken.

Looking for some feedback as Liveaboard.com reviews are far and few in between. Also looking for recommendations for tour operator for transfers in Cairo as well as post dive trip tours for Luxor / Cairo.
From the trip reports here I have see. Nile Holiday and Steven’s Taxi mentioned
Did you go on the seven seas liveaboard?

Any trip report or feedback on the boat etc?

About to book the Seven Seas with Emperor’ who we have travelled with many times in Egypt and The Maldives. They have been absolutely brilliant.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom