#!@#!!$%!!! Luggage restrictions!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mohave_steve

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Here I sit with my 3/4 full "travel" dive bag (xs scuba) cinched tight with bungee's trying to meet the new airlines new luggage restrictions. Also, I am going to carry on a bag twice the size I would normally carry to accomodate what won't fit in my checked bag. All in all I am carrying the same weight and bulk as I would have before.
The only difference is I have spent two hours measuring, weighing and moving gear between various bags because...This one is 1.5 inches too tall and that one weighs 2 pounds too much....

If I get any s**t at the check in counter I am going to wear my BC & reg on the plane.

I thought I packed light compared to others. I guess not....

I spent $200 on this "travel" bag for just this occasion and it is worthless!

Ok.... I am done with my rant. Now I'll get back to being so excited I can hardly stand it. The last week before a dive trip is almost unbearable. I can hardly wait.

I was teasing my Wife telling her we had to hurry & drop our bags at the hotel as I had scheduled a night dive the night of our arrival. At first she believed me :)

Welcome to the new reality. Light bags are best so you get the maximum payload. Balancing items by volume and weight to get the densities right is surprising.

Make sure you hydrate well on the flight and call her bluff with the night dive.

So where are you going?

I have decided it is cheaper to not take clothes on a trip now. We buy them new where ever we are and mail them home before we leave. This actually works well with my wife as she gets to shop for new clothes. This baggage thing is not only a pain in the >>> ()() but expensive as hell also.. $15 for first bag, $25 for second and $100 for third... crazy.

Shawn
"bubble...bubble...bubble"

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom