LP Inflator Hose with DiveRite wings?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DrSteve

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I just realised that when I got my new DiveRite Trek wing it didn't have a LP hose with it. My old Zeagle did when I bought it. I'd call the shop, but John is an idiot and it is easier to ask on here if it should come wit it before I call John and tell him he short changed me. So...should I have gotten an LP inflator hose?

My bet is it should have been just as pictured at Dive Rite Express, unless you got some special 'discount' from your buddy at 'the shop'. See the section about 'Air cells come standard . . . "

http://www.diveriteexpress.com/bcs/aircells.shtml

You could check with Larry & Joe at Scubatoys and see if they regularly sell DR wings sans inflator hose as standard practice. The Trek Wing was about the only model I didn't see on their web site. And, if you aren't happy with 'the shop', consider price comparison with those two outfits - Dive Rite Express and Scubatoys.

I received the LP hose with my Rec wing..

My Halcyon and my Dive Rite wing both came with lp hoses.

Jason

My Wing from Diverite express did not come with that document either. Thanks for the link!

Don

Do you mean John from www.northeastscubasupply.com ???

I have dealt with him and had no problems. And when I got my rig from them I got an lp hose.

Pm me and let me know what the problem has been with John

Yes the idiot would be John. I have to say that John was wonderful to deal with, right up until the point of actually shipping me the stuff I ordered. In his defense he was on backorder from DiveRite, but after 2 weeks of me calling him he finally found a wing "in the back" which was brand new. I think telling him I wanted it in the mail by the next day or I would cancel my order tipped the balance.

My gripe came when I emailed him and commented there was no warranty card, or manual (I didn't realise about the LP hose then). His response was simply "There is no warranty card, call DiveRite if you don't believe me. I'll send you a manual." I'm still waiting for the maunal. DiveRite did say selling the LP hose was a dealer choice.

So...I didn't realise he would be such an *** when I first started dealing with him and he did give me a great deal. He's just gotten a bit difficult. It's ironic that another scuba board member also suffered with the ordering process and his order was wrong *twice* and it finally arrived with pieces missing the day before he left for vacation!

To ther person who recommended DiveRiteExpress and ScubaToys. DRE quoted me 150 above my LDS (who were 100 above John). ST didn't seem anxious to match prices even when asked. So I took the risk.

PS. If he had sent me the link to the Manual I'd have been happy with that!

Back
Top Bottom