LP Inflator Hose with DiveRite wings?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

so you gambled and lost, no real sweat - if you got it at such a great price, a $30 hose is not such a bad consequence. Before you buy it though, set up the wing on your rig and then measure - using some other lp hose you have lying around - exactly how long the thing should be to reach from your right post to the inflator. Mark the longer hose with tape or something. Then when you order a hose (to avoid more frustration) ensure you order the proper length hose. And for the hose - use your LDS! That way you can vent face to face if they screw the pooch!! :D

Best,

Doc

P.S. I would feel no need to explain to the LDS guys WHY you're buying the hose. They will feel no sympathy. You won't feel the love. The hose might be more expensive. FWIW.

DrSteve:
To ther person who recommended DiveRiteExpress and ScubaToys. DRE quoted me 150 above my LDS (who were 100 above John). ST didn't seem anxious to match prices even when asked. So I took the risk.
I find this utterly hard to believe...diveriteexpress charges $289 for this wing. You claim their price was $150 more than your LDS. That means your LDS wanted $139. You then say that your LDS was $100 more than this John fellow. That brings the price of your wing to $39. I find that hard to believe, but if true I sure wouldn't be complaining about no LP inflator hose.

Jason

Jason B:
I find this utterly hard to believe...diveriteexpress charges $289 for this wing. You claim their price was $150 more than your LDS. That means your LDS wanted $139. You then say that your LDS was $100 more than this John fellow. That brings the price of your wing to $39. I find that hard to believe, but if true I sure wouldn't be complaining about no LP inflator hose.

Jason
Add in the cost of the backplate, cam bands (same ones), harness etc for the package...
John: 380 (inc shipping)
LDS: 450 (OK so not quite 100)
DRE: 585 (not including shipping)

So add in the cost of an LP hose...I would have been very close to my LDS and with a difference that close I would have purchased from them.

Its just as well you didn't get a hose; the one that came with mine was too long and wanted to make a big fat loop.

evad:
Its just as well you didn't get a hose; the one that came with mine was too long and wanted to make a big fat loop.
Well it can always be a back up if necessary!

DrSteve:
So add in the cost of an LP hose...I would have been very close to my LDS and with a difference that close I would have purchased from them.

The responsibility to research the product and understand what is included with the purchase would lie with the customer in modern capitalist societies. Caveat Empor!

CD_in_Chitown:
The responsibility to research the product and understand what is included with the purchase would lie with the customer in modern capitalist societies. Caveat Empor!
I called John 1 week before he shipped and asked "Does it come with a LP inflator hose? I mean the hose form 1st stage to the power inflator?" His response was "Yes." I think I researched the product, but the onus is on the seller not to misrepresent their product.

DrSteve:
I called John 1 week before he shipped and asked "Does it come with a LP inflator hose? I mean the hose form 1st stage to the power inflator?" His response was "Yes." .....

Now that's just wrong!

No offense drsteve, didn't realize that was the case.

I just ordered a Rec wing, and Transplate, and should be getting them today or tomorrow (I hope)...

I'll let you know if the LP hose was included.

(The order was placed at my LDS).

Alex

CD_in_Chitown:
Now that's just wrong!

No offense drsteve, didn't realize that was the case.
It's OK - some parts I didn't think were relevant got left out...and now it seems they were needed to get the full story! Anyway I emailed John at NE Scuba and cc'd the regional DR rep. Any snotty response like last time will be similarly forwarded to the rep.

Back
Top Bottom