LP Inflator Hose with DiveRite wings?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

WarmWaterDiver:
I'm still unclear on whether you contacted Larry personally, as he advises on the link from his banner ad, and identified yourself as a Scubaboard member, and worked on a quote for a package deal like Larry's banner ad asks, gave Larry the competitive quote, and then Scubatoys refused to meet or beat it. Was this the case? I'm going back again to your post #9 in this thread.

I guess I didn't follow the letter of the banner then. I called, identified myself as a scuba board member and asked what he could do (I think it was Larry, but I don't recall). But as I said he didn't have the stuff in stock and he didn't say he could order it (I believe DR was on a bit of a national back order for the trek wings). I have no problem with John being delayed due to being out of stock or not getting the stuff from DR. I have a problem that I always had to contact him.

Here's my story dealing with NE Scuba Supply. I ordered a cold water DR Transplate package from them last spring. $449. No problems whatsoever.

Two months ago, I wanted to set up a rig for warm water diving, so I called John to order a venture wing, harness and cam bands. He quoted me a price for $450. Well, I figured for that much, I might as well ordered the whole $449 special on their website that includes the BP. Sorry, John says, but he can no longer sell it for that price, it's now at $550. So I went ahead and ordered my orginal wish list for $450 and bought the Hammerhead warm water special for $70, which includes Al bp/2 piece STA (IMO, Hammerhead still has the best deal anywhere) Total cost $520 from my warm water rig. Not the cheapest deal, but what gets me is that I checked on their website just after reading this thread, and they still advertise their bp/w package for $449! Either they haven't bothered to update their website (unlikely) or they still have the special on, and wanted to squeeze every dollar out of me possible.

Does anyone know if that $449 is still valid?

lawofgravity:
Does anyone know if that $449 is still valid?

Another scubaboard user who purchased from John the day after I placed my order purchased that package. Trouble is first John sent him a Trek wing instead of a Venture wing (remember I wanted the Trek wing), then he sent him 2 tank boots and sent the BPW to someone else. Finally he had him pay an extra 50 for an Oxycheq wing - something I would have done in a heartbeat! Although the poor guy didn't receive the promissed 13.50 per piece wing nuts to attach the wing to the plate (OK you don't really need them, but the package lists them as being included)

So yes, that 449 package should be valid. Now whether John bothers to honr it is another matter. If you want to take it up with DiveRite I now have the regional reps email.

if that guy recived faber lp85 tank boots (2), than most likly i got his bp/w/harness :eyebrow:

artek:
if that guy recived faber lp85 tank boots (2), than most likly i got his bp/w/harness :eyebrow:
If you are in Colorado (I think) then it was you!

Interesting. I have often on here recommended NE....as I had an excellent experience with them. They spent a lot of time talking to me, explaining wing differences, weight pocket size and differences and sent what I ordered....even put it together for me. So, with that kind of experience , why wouldnt I recommend them??

As for owning stock or getting a kickback....in your dreams.

As far as scubatoys go, I just sent an email ref a new computer and the response I got back did not match the price I found elsewhere. The reasoning I was given in my return email from them was that they honor the warrantee. So the indication was, I can buy from them, will pay more, but will get a good warrantee. Of course the other place says their warrantee is good too.........but I will probably still buy from ST.

RICHinNC:
Interesting. I have often on here recommended NE....as I had an excellent experience with them. They spent a lot of time talking to me, explaining wing differences, weight pocket size and differences and sent what I ordered....even put it together for me. So, with that kind of experience , why wouldnt I recommend them??

*nods* I would order from John again but only if he told me he had everything in stock at the time of order.

no, i am in chicago area. that makes at least two misplaced tank boots orders within the same time frame :eyebrow:

artek:
no, i am in chicago area. that makes at least two misplaced tank boots orders within the same time frame :eyebrow:

Yup, he's quite a piece of work. I've emailed him twice now about my missing LP hose and manual. I'm giving him until tomorrow and then I'll call my credit card company. That usually produces a quick resolution.

DrSteve:
Yup, he's quite a piece of work. I've emailed him twice now about my missing LP hose and manual. I'm giving him until tomorrow and then I'll call my credit card company. That usually produces a quick resolution.

FWIW to you, when I got the $449 special, it did not include the lp hose. But when I bought the venture wing separately, it did come with the lp hose. In both instances, I did not ask for one to be included specifically, as I had several spares lying around.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom