LP Inflator Hose with DiveRite wings?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

There is something wrong with this guy lately. Its not dir place anymore. :eyebrow:

DrSteve:
. . .

To ther person who recommended DiveRiteExpress and ScubaToys. DRE quoted me 150 above my LDS (who were 100 above John). ST didn't seem anxious to match prices even when asked. So I took the risk.

So, you're telling us you contacted Larry personally, identified yourself as a Scubaboard member, and Scubatoys did not honor their advertisement to meet or beat any price found elsewhere?

http://www.scubatoys.com/store/scubaboard.asp?referer=SBB

This is the first instance I've heard of such with Scubatoys. I've had very positive experiences with that shop, as have many others who have posted on this board.

I see you showed us quoted prices from 3 sources in post #13 on this thread, but not one from Scubatoys. What was the price Scubatoys quoted to you?

All the jacket style BCs I've bought (4 in total) came without the LP hoses, but all the wings (2, 1 Dive Rite and 1 OMS) came with the LP hoses.

Also, I was assembling my gear tonight for a dive tomorrow (yes, I am anal, and it is the first open water dive with the BP/W). The Mares inflator hose does NOT fit onto my DiveRite Rec Wing. Good thing NE scuba supply sent one with the Rec Wing.

If they do not send a hose, you may not have one you can use. I guess that would mean you are hosed...

More to think about,

Don

WarmWaterDiver:
So, you're telling us you contacted Larry personally, identified yourself as a Scubaboard member, and Scubatoys did not honor their advertisement to meet or beat any price found elsewhere?

http://www.scubatoys.com/store/scubaboard.asp?referer=SBB

This is the first instance I've heard of such with Scubatoys. I've had very positive experiences with that shop, as have many others who have posted on this board.

I see you showed us quoted prices from 3 sources in post #13 on this thread, but not one from Scubatoys. What was the price Scubatoys quoted to you?

I don't have it written down, but as I recall it was about the same price as my LDS. But it is kind of a moot point as he didn't have any Trek wings in at the time anyway.

I've had several experiences with John at NE Scuba. They wern't all good . There are certain people on this board and even in this thread that are constantly
blowing his horn. They may be investors or getting bonus for posting his name. Make sure of what you're getting and carefully check the pricing on any accessorie you buy with his big name package deals.

Quaff King:
I've had several experiences with John at NE Scuba. They wern't all good . There are certain people on this board and even in this thread that are constantly
blowing his horn. They may be investors or getting bonus for posting his name. Make sure of what you're getting and carefully check the pricing on any accessorie you buy with his big name package deals.

That makes you the third person (including myself) that has said that. I'm cc'ing the regional DiveRite rep on everything I send to John now. That should help out a little.

I tried dealing with Northeast Scuba Supply a couple of times about 3 years ago on some pre-owned gear they listed for sale via their web site. By the time they replied to my e-mail inquiries (several weeks later), the reply was they had since sold the items. The message I got was my business is best done elsewhere.

From looking from the outside, it would appear that a Trek Wing could have been ordered or drop shipped to you from Dive Rite via any Dive Rite authorized dealer in the time period you indicate it took for your gear to be shipped to you from Northeast Scuba Supply. And if everyone was on back order from Dive Rite, maybe the same amount of time for any vendor to get one to you, except if they had 'one in the back somewhere'. Maybe not as moot a point as perhaps it seemed at the time you chose to buy from Northeast Scuba Supply. See Larry's post #7 in this thread.

http://www.scubaboard.com/showthread.php?t=86041

Such things have happened to me also. I just this afternoon shipped back for the second time goods received that were not the same as goods ordered from Scuba Destination - who agreed to just plain give me a cash refund and gave me their UPS account number to charge the return shipping to.

So, I planned to do more businss with Scubatoys, but your post indicating they did not live up to their advertised policy of meet or beat any price causes concern, which is why more details would be nice. Thought if you had the details for the other 3 places you listed, you'd have the details for the 4th. I'm still unclear on whether you contacted Larry personally, as he advises on the link from his banner ad, and identified yourself as a Scubaboard member, and worked on a quote for a package deal like Larry's banner ad asks, gave Larry the competitive quote, and then Scubatoys refused to meet or beat it. Was this the case? I'm going back again to your post #9 in this thread.

FYI,

As promised in a previous post:

I got my Rec wing and Transplate today... ( :D )
Lo and behold...

The LP hose was included...

Alex

I bought my Rec wing from NE scuba supply. I originally ordered a red wing because they said the black were not in stock. Then I called two weeks later to see where the wing was and they said red was backordered, but they did have black. They did send the black one, with the inflator hose, that day. I got it 3 days later via FedEx.

Don

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom