Lost Equipment-Broad Beach

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

From what i was told one of the students was helping the other put on fins in the surf zone, a wave hit and they just dropped them....They were enterong the water for one of the elective dives as part of their AOW Cert.

From what i was told one of the students was helping the other put on fins in the surf zone, a wave hit and they just dropped them....They were enterong the water for one of the elective dives as part of their AOW Cert.

So when do the students RE-TEST for their AOW elective? LOL

Hope the divers are ok and glad to hear one of the dpv's was recovered. Let's hope the other one is found.

divers are all fine infact they have their photography elective tomorrow and those same students are supposed to be using the same instructor's cameras

No thank goodness. The instructor who lost the DPV's is my rescue diver and DM instructor. I helped them look for it at broad this afternoon, and i told them id look for it at low tide early tomorrow morning (530) because they can't.

Sorry for the lost but I have to ask...

Why didn't the instructor make the students have the DPV's clipped off?

I cannot believe anyone would enter surf without pricy gear attached to you in case you drop it. Everyone I know that dives with expensive cameras and scooters has them clipped off in the surf so they can't get away.

Will this instructor make them clip off the cameras?

And while I'm at it since when does photography make you and AOW diver?

OI!!!

its one of the electives, and im not sure that having a DPV cliped to you is very safe in surf. They were in the surf zone when they were lost.

Whewww, that just turned into one expensive and well learned class. Good luck in finding the other.

Kenny

its one of the electives, and im not sure that having a DPV cliped to you is very safe in surf. They were in the surf zone when they were lost.

I still don't get how photography helps make you an advanced diver :popcorn:

If you can't manage the gear clipped to you through the surf then either don't take the gear or don't do the dive.

Hopefully the other DPV will turn up and everyone will have learned a lesson.

Back
Top Bottom