Lost Dive Computer Bull Point/Ft Wetherill (5-12-07)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

A buddy was walking out of a site in Bonaire a few weeks ago and in the shallows lay a nice pelagic compass that must have popped out of a boot when someone stumbled. You never know.

Pete

dbg40:
Hey, I was diving at Bull Point today, and found this sweet Skeeter comp! I dint really have any use for it, and have no idea where it came forom, so I traded it at the local bar for 2! Coors lights,, and a bag of doritos! Can you believe it??? I just fell right into that deal!! I may be the luckiest guy on earth!

I knew it!!!!

Hey when is your next trip to dive out in RI? We ought to do another Ft. Wetherill cookout day like last spring.

Poseidon has already received enough donations to keep him happy this year so I don't think you'd need to donate another mask to the cove gods. :D

dbg40:
Chris,,I bet your skeeto is with my SP frameless right now, havin beers and a fiew laughs, never to be seen again. That's a TOUGH loss dude.

Oh yeah....I remember searching around the cove for that mask!:D

(Don't mind the SP frameless in my pics....I found that in the other cove...hahahahaha!!)

Sorry for your loss, Chris. I've had a fear of losing mine and had to make some modifications. Had to get rid of the watch style strap and put in bungees...(thanks JohnL for the idea:wink: )

Things I've lost to date:
-dive flag:rolleyes:
-lobster gauge
-clam gauge
-SMB with reel attached
-my car key!!!!:11: (that was a bad day)
-C8 light

RIOceanographer:
I knew it!!!!

Hey when is your next trip to dive out in RI? We ought to do another Ft. Wetherill cookout day like last spring.

Poseidon has already received enough donations to keep him happy this year so I don't think you'd need to donate another mask to the cove gods. :D

I gotta be honest with you buddy, I REALLY hate the "cove gods" They are ENTIRELY too greedy! My buds have been all over me about getting back into the water. I took a little time off because of some spine issues, but am about ready to jump in again. the cookout thing sounds like fun, maybe we could make an actual plan to get a fiew guys in on it, and the girls can watch the vehicles! My wife would jump at the chance to go kayaking there again. ....Although ,salt water do gives me hives.

Ok now that we have humor involved. I suggest we have a Find Chris's Computer Dive in which food will be served, prizes offered, and a good time for all. And if the Dive is a success then maybe Chris can make it an annual event.

ScubaSarus:
......I suggest we have a Find Chris's Computer Dive in which food will be served, prizes offered, and a good time for all. And if the Dive is a success then maybe Chris can make it an annual event.

Actually there is a group dive event this Sunday (20 May) as the Divers for Hope annual Treasure Dive is slated for noon at Ft. Wetherill. In fact it would be worth getting there and making an announcement or else if someone does find it then they are going to think that your computer is one of the prizes! The last time that they had this dive in September 2005 there were over 90 divers.

"The last time that they had this dive in September 2005 there were over 90 divers."

Oh crap! that all Chris needs the hear. Boy what timing. I can see it now, people posting what prizes they have found.

My dive buddy who lost it is honest enough to be paying me the cost of replacing it so this loss is definitely more painful for him. For me it is just a bit of an inconvenience because I don't have a computer until the replacement comes.

On the bright side, I took advantage of the discount I get from being a URI research diver and ordered an Oceanic VT3 hoseless air integrated computer for the replacement. Should get it next week. New toy! New toy! New toy!!!!! :D

New toy! New toy! New toy!!!!! :D[/QUOTE:
I smell setup here. LOL J/K

And GOD bless that buddy of yours. I say do something special for him in return. Nice to have buddies like that.

Yeah he is an excellent buddy.

The computer I am getting is a bit more expensive than the mosquito so I am paying the difference in cost between the two. He's just paying me the value of the mosquito, but I couldn't resist the chance to upgrade when I ordered the new one.... I admit it... I am a gadget junkie! New toy!!! New toy!!! New toy!!! :D

The VT3 supports up to 3 transmitters with 3 different mixes up to 100% O2. It also has a buddy monitoring function where if your buddy has a compatible transmitter on his tank it will actually tell you his tank pressure too. I doubt I'll use half of that.... but I just couldn't resist.... new toy! New toy! New toy!!! :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom