Looking for news on a recent Cayman Islands death

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Don sorry for your loss Thoughts and prayers go to her family and friends.

I think that may be a different case.

I don't know Don, a shore dive site on the West Bay on the same day and same time is quite a coincidence....my gfriend must have come across an older article or such. I think this is the same case that we heard about the day after it happened.

My gfriend completed her certification that week and her instructor knew we were going to this area Monday. He called early Tues to make sure it was not her and told us that he heard about an accident.

Tragic...

My thoughts and prayers go out to her family and friends.

I don't know Don, a shore dive site on the West Bay on the same day and same time is quite a coincidence....my gfriend must have come across an older article or such. I think this is the same case that we heard about the day after it happened.

My gfriend completed her certification that week and her instructor knew we were going to this area Monday. He called early Tues to make sure it was not her and told us that he heard about an accident.

Tragic...

The last paragraph of the link mentions a 69 year old snorkeler that died in March. That is probably where the confusion came from. You're right, she probably found the older article when searching.

Tragic...
Yeah, I guess it was. I can imagine how concerned your GF's Inst must have felt. I do hope your GF is not too affected, as she must be somewhat. From the reports of a seizure at 40 ft it'll go down as a dive accident, and I trust that full DAN benefits will apply to assist, not just Travel Assist, but it certainly sounds like a medical seizure that could have happened almost anywhere, perhaps with the same results. Thank goodness y'all were not witnesses. Hope you and your GF are back in the water soon.

My thoughts and prayers go out to her family and friends too.

Sorry to hear about your friend Don. My wife and I were shore diving there last month and felt the tug of the current while coming back to shore. It made us a bit wary. A lovely place but a sad & tragic event for your friend.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom