Looking for gear

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

This is the type of reel I was concidering :Scubamax 270 foot Dive Reel. I found it on the scubatoys.com website. It seems to have plenty of line on it, and it seems to be easy to use. I will be using it for a navigation dive for my advanced open water dive. After that, I planned to use it for an all purpose reel. Basically for whatever comes up. As I am a new diver, I want to make the right choice for what my needs are.

im new to the diving and want my own gear but want a safe reliable source to buy. I know the whole not online about the warranties but my local dive shops are oceanic and aqualung.. but man the prices I allready work two full time jobs. any opinions about leisure pro. after the warranties are gone ill have to pay for parts and service anyway... thanks

Hello everyone. I am a new diver looking to buy the rest of my gear, without breaking the bank. Does anyone have any ideas? Any advise would be appriciated.

Hi, i got my wetsuit at Indian Valley scuba, i get 90% of my stuff there. :shocked2: I live 4hrs away, but you know what it is worth the travel, theyt are a very, very good store, and very knowledegeable of the product. They also make you feel like family . It is not the in out rotation store&Shop. There prices are also very competitive:D Check them out and see what you think. BEv is your contact person, she will take very good care of you.

Hi, i got my wetsuit at Indian Valley scuba, i get 90% of my stuff there. :shocked2: I live 4hrs away, but you know what it is worth the travel, theyt are a very, very good store, and very knowledegeable of the product. They also make you feel like family . It is not the in out rotation store&Shop. There prices are also very competitive:D Check them out and see what you think. BEv is your contact person, she will take very good care of you.
Where is Indian valley scuba? Do they have a website?

Last edited:
Thank you all for your help and great advise. After much thought and comparison shopping, I went with a OMS reel With 200' of line. It is one that my local dive shop had recommended. Thanks again for your help.

Back
Top Bottom