looking for dive buddy!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

We should all arrange a time and place to meet Friday. It says that you must register at the gates and have a dive partner with you so I wonder if we should meet somewhere near the park, like a resteraunt or gas station? I'm gonna bring two tanks.
I still have'nt decided where I'd like to dive on Saturday......Any suggestions that are fairly close?

robw22:
We should all arrange a time and place to meet Friday. It says that you must register at the gates and have a dive partner with you so I wonder if we should meet somewhere near the park, like a resteraunt or gas station? I'm gonna bring two tanks.
I still have'nt decided where I'd like to dive on Saturday......Any suggestions that are fairly close?
two tanks it is then.
I believe there's a pizza shop at the corner where you turn towards the park. we can meet there
give the other guys my cell phone number too
the only other place close to dive is alexander.
unless you wanted to do the epcot aquarium dive. but I can't afford to do that again :p

Whoever is interested in going, could you either PM or email me and I'll give you LITEHEDDED and my cell numbers...Anyone have any ideas on a time to meet?

my dive shops don't open til 10am. so if you want to meet before 10:45 or so I'll need to see about renting them thursday night or something

Ok…..I got the day off from work so I'm all set. Just let me know when you all decide on a final meet and time! Looking forward to it! I'll just pick up my tanks on Thursday night.

scubafool:
No dive shops left in the Deland area anymore. The last time I drove through Sanford the dive shop on 17-92 appeared to be open, but that was a while ago. I am thinking that Lake Mary might be a little further than Daytona, but not by much.

FL DVLover, I was at Alexander yesterday, but I wasn't diving, just introducing my son to snorkeling. Which group were you with?

The shop on 17-92 in Sanford is called Fun2Dive. That is also the name of their website (.com). I got my certification with them. The shop is open for business but sometimes they are away doing tours or classes. I always call and check to see if someone will be there or not. The guy who runs the place is Captain Joe Detrick. His is one of the names listed on the warning sign down in Blue Springs.

At Alexander I was diving solo. My son and his friend were there with me snorkeling. I didn't spend that much time in the hole. I like to go around the edge and look at the fish. It was nice being on my own in a relatively safe environment. That is what I like about Alexander.

I wish I could join the group on Friday especially with it being so close but I have prior obligations. Would someone post an update and let me know how the dive went?

Thanks,
D.

So we could do 11:00, Saturday, at the pizza shop. If you guys want to give your suggestions....what times work best for you? I'll get my tanks on Thursday. I think I'm going to rent them for the whole time I'm in Florida anyways.

robw22:
So we could do 11:00, Saturday, at the pizza shop. If you guys want to give your suggestions....what times work best for you? I'll get my tanks on Thursday. I think I'm going to rent them for the whole time I'm in Florida anyways.
that works for me
should give me time to swing by the shop and get my tanks

On a Saturday, I would try to be there much earlier. I have seen the quota of divers in the park fill up rather quickly, and then you have to wait till a group leaves.

11 is alright with me, but it would be better to get there earlier. Not too sure how crowded it'll get. Also....who's all going thus far?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom