looking for dive buddy!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I live in the orlando area and I don't know anyone else who dives. I need a buddy
I'm up for diving with ya!
blue springs and alexander are relatively close.

LiteHedded Any aligators there?

I want to join you guys but I really don't think its a good idea to combine an aligator and myself in the same "pool"..

Rob - Which hotel/motel are you planning to stay in?

so you can dive with sharks in the ocean but not gators in the spring?
:p
i did 2 of my checkout dives at alexander.
didn't see any alligators. just a bunch of kids swimming around and a bunch of divers stirring up sand.
:)
word is there was a nesting female alligator off in the brush somewhere but I didn't see it.

I'd kinda like to do blue springs. I've been swimming/snorkeling there plenty of times and never seen a gator. mostly you don't see anything but sucker fish thingies up close to the spring head where you dive. though maybe the manatees venture up there in the colder months.
I've wanted to dive it since getting certified but I have no buddy!

LiteHedded:
so you can dive with sharks in the ocean but not gators in the spring?

I'd kinda like to do blue springs.
I've wanted to dive it since getting certified but I have no buddy!

Aligators scare me more than sharks, dunno why..

Maybe its time to get your Solo cert? :D

If you have a dive shop there, just ask them if they know someone that needs a buddy like you or if you have a club or something, just join, there's so many options for the single diver.

I would love to join you guys, I just need to find a "divers friendly" hotel/motel..

Hopefully I can pet a manatee! :D

I go to UCF and I think there's a dive club there.
just never joined.

I live in lake mary. there's plenty of hotels here right by the interstate.
about a 20 minute drive up the interstate to deland where blue springs is.
about half an hour from downtown orlando
of course I'm terrible at judging times like this so I could be way off :)
dunno how diver friendly they are though

I'd like to join you all if you do the Blue Springs dive. I did it once for my check out dive and would like to do it again. I'm also in that "no buddy" pool. I live in Orlando so it's not too far from me. LiteHedded....I'm pretty sure UCF has a dive club. I work right there in Research Park and noticed a banner once while cutting through campus.

rotorboy:
I'd like to join you all if you do the Blue Springs dive. I did it once for my check out dive and would like to do it again. I'm also in that "no buddy" pool. I live in Orlando so it's not too far from me. LiteHedded....I'm pretty sure UCF has a dive club. I work right there in Research Park and noticed a banner once while cutting through campus.

yea I think so too.
I'm just too lazy to go join up.

Rob - Which hotel/motel are you planning to stay in?

I stay at my parents house in Deland. Works out well for my wife and I. I also talked to someone at Sea Dog in Daytona. I may do my AOW while I'm there. He said he could probably work around my schedule. I'd be happy diving every day.I'll be getting to Florida Wed. night (12th) I'll be leaving in the morning Sun.17 for Key Largo and coming back late at night on Mon.18. Basically there... dive... back! Then I stay until Sun. the 23rd. That leaves Thurs. 13th, Fri.,Sat.,Tues,Wed,Thur,Fri,Sat. Anyone want to plan something, lets do it. just pm me or email. robw22@rogers.com Also maybe some of you would be interested to join in on some of the dives for my AOW. Were doing some of the wrecks off of Daytona.

email sent
I might be a tad inexperienced for the AOW dives.
though I am interested in wreck diving. the reefs are getting a bit old
I'm definately down for blue/alexander springs. blue springs is right around the corner from where you're staying as well

I changed my day in Key Largo to the 18th (Tues.) so if anyone is interested. It worked out better for me to get in my AOW dives on the Sunday in Daytona. It also looks like "LITEHEDDED" and I are going to do a couple of the local (Orlando) springs on the Friday and/or Saturday (14th & 15th) if anyones interested in joining us. It would be cool to meet a few of the local divers for my future trips. Either email or PM me or LITEHEDDED and we can coordinate something.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom