Looking for advice; cutter instead of knife?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DGX Titanium Tek Line Cutter w/Waistbelt Sheath

upload_2017-2-24_9-42-2.png

I've added this on my waist belt to be a substitute for a can light (allows me to hook the long hose). At $29, it is a nice option...

I carry a cheap dive knife I put a very good edge on in a bc pocket, but have never used it. I ordered the line cutter (trilobite) from Dive Gear Express and have used it several times to remove fishing line from reefs. They were on sale for less than $20 and have ceramic blades so no rust issues and the case just velcros around a strap.. For fishing line or small rope, they work amazing. I assume they would work as well on shoulder straps in an emergency as well. I'd like shears....but I no longer want to dive with everything but the kitchen sink.

I took a rescue class with a guy who had a knife that converted to shears. That was pretty cool but I think they were about $80.

As far as travel, we go to Mexico regularly and just got back from Honduras and had no issues with the scuba knife in my checked baggage.

Good Luck, Safe Travels.
Jay

Benchmade H2O Fixed Family

How about a knife with a line cutter
if those had a sheath that worked with 2" webbing I'd have one already, but at this point, they don't, so I haven't convinced myself it's worth buying quite yet

Back
Top Bottom